Will this be good enough?

I'm planning on running two soundqubed hds315's in 9 cubes. On a q2200.1d. First off will this be enough power for the subs? Second I will get two xs 3400's 4 runs on sky high 2/0 cca (2 power 2 ground) from front battery to the back. Then link the two xs in the back with 4 runs also. 250a alt. dual sky high 2/0 to 1/0 inputs. 2 power and ground into the amp. Will this be enough to run half ohm nominal impedance without box rise. Daily. Prolly not full tilt all day. But a lot of demos around town. And does anyone know what size speaker wire these subs will hold? With a max of two pieces per input. (Maybe 3 haven't looked at diagrams yet) wiring two d2 to .5.

2 pieces max per terminal on sub. Would hope they'd at least hold two 12 guage. Would go 10 if they'd hold it. I wanna overkill on wiring and batteries because I'll be running .5 and wanna squeeze every watt and bit of efficientcy outta the system as possible.

Assuming those 315's are the same terminals as the 312's, then yeah, you can squeeze two 12ga wires in there tightly.

I'd say that's overkill, but you can't have too much backup power man

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

meh, why?

Why .5?

Why all those batts when you most likely wont drop in to reserve?

Why 2/0?

Why (2) of those front to back runs?

Why all those runs between batts, which will be a few feet TOPS from one another?

Why dual 2/0 inputs for a 2200wrms amp?

Why even consider box rise in a daily setup?

Ehh.. Maybe its me..

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

meh, why?

Why .5?

Why 2/0?

Why all those runs between batts, which will be a few feet TOPS from one another?

Ehh.. Maybe its me..

Just to make sure I'm running as efficient as possible. Tell me some things that are certainly not needed for the setup and I'd consider leaving them out.

Running at .5 isn't efficient no matter how much electrical you have for it. At least not the way I've learned about it. Lower the impedance, the less efficient and the less quality it has sound-wise. If you want more power you should have gotten an amp that will give you the extra couple hundred watts at a higher impedance than you're going to get out of that amp at .5. Sound better, less risk to your equipment/car. Having stout electrical doesn't mean components aren't going to be damaged. You're running at a lower inpedance, increasing current flow through the components, heating them up daily and one day it's going to be too much and something will pop and bye-bye amp, and hopefully amp only.

meh, why?

Why .5?

Why 2/0?

Ehh.. Maybe its me..

Totally agree.

waits for the "you can never go over on electircal" guy to chime in. The same guy that doesnt even run a HO alt or have a bat bank, just "chimes" in.

Also, this guy is usually gonna say " to run at top as i can"

While wiring in the dirt... lol... you get what i mean? LOL

if he took his OWN "to run as optimal" as possible, he wouldnt run low. lol... you know what i mean?

its good to have overkill electrical.. but why buy a 2200 watt amp when there are bigger amps that will do the power you need and be safe about it.. i dont get the logic of buying a small amp and trying to wire lower then recommended just to get more out of it when there is more options to get that power safely

this is me. i got 2 sp4 to run on my truck i dont buy a 3500 watt amp wire it to .5 to get max watts and to compensate for impedance rice. i got a DC 9k for sure they will get rated power even after rise..

also the OP doesnt have overkill electrical just overkill wire.. last time i checked wire didnt make power it just transfers it so your doing it all wrong anyways. get a 350a alternator and 5 D3100 and that will be overkill.

Archived