Second Skin Audio

Sound Quality Sub Question

Could go with a pair of the 12's, which are actually much cheaper. Can get a pair for not much more than the single 15". Would get a better wiring resistance, look for 2ohm ratings on amps. More output as well due to more cone area.

Two MKII wired in series would be 1.5 ohm not 2ohm right? And I am strongly considering getting the pair of MKII 12" over one 12", but I am also factoring in the price difference.

For one: $370 + $270 (sub + JL amp) = $640

For two: $370 x 2 + $600 = (subs + RF amp) = $1340

And after you factor in the box cost, I just don't know it spending 1.5k on subs is worth it to me.

You still think one MKII in properly tuned a made box would sound great?

Right, wired to 1.5ohm, but you're more likely to be close to 2ohm all said and done.

If you're on a budget, no doubt it will sound great and still give you good output. I'd still get the bigger RF amp now if you can swing it, and then you won't have to buy another amp later if you want to add a second MkII. A T1500-bdcp would be perfect for one or two of those subs at their respective resistances. Plus it has good resale value if you go down that road.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Could go with a pair of the 12's, which are actually much cheaper. Can get a pair for not much more than the single 15". Would get a better wiring resistance, look for 2ohm ratings on amps. More output as well due to more cone area.

Two MKII wired in series would be 1.5 ohm not 2ohm right? And I am strongly considering getting the pair of MKII 12" over one 12", but I am also factoring in the price difference.

And after you factor in the box cost, I just don't know it spending 1.5k on subs is worth it to me.

Right, wired to 1.5ohm, but you're more likely to be close to 2ohm all said and done.

If you're on a budget, no doubt it will sound great and still give you good output. I'd still get the bigger RF amp now if you can swing it, and then you won't have to buy another amp later if you want to add a second MkII. A T1500-bdcp would be perfect for one or two of those subs at their respective resistances. Plus it has good resale value if you go down that road.

I will strongly consider this. Like I said before, it will just take a bit of saving. Either way, I think the MKII is going to be the choice for me! Thanks for all the help!

I will strongly consider this. Like I said before, it will just take a bit of saving. Either way, I think the MKII is going to be the choice for me! Thanks for all the help!

sales going on over at crutchfield http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130D1200SP/Pioneer-Stage-4-PRS-D1200SPL.html :doit:

sales going on over at crutchfield http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130D1200SP/Pioneer-Stage-4-PRS-D1200SPL.html :doit:

Is this what you are using? If I go with two MKIIs then I will definitely be buying a RF T1500!!!

And why do you recommend that amp?

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

That's at 1ohm though right? He needs power (~700W) at 3ohms (for a single sub) and ~1500W at 1.5-2ohms for two subs.

That's at 1ohm though right? He needs power (~700W) at 3ohms (for a single sub) and ~1500W at 1.5-2ohms for two subs.

missed that, disregard my post. :unknw:

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

any amp that will do that power will be pricey.. the saz3500 v.2 does 1k at 4 ohms so im guessing any 3k amp will do if it compares to sundown

Archived