Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

cone area vs xmax, sundown X 18 or 2 sundown 18 sa's


RareBreed

Recommended Posts

Posted

Looking to start a build and was thinking of getting either a sundown X 18, or 2 sa 18s. Wasnt sure if the x would make up for the extra cone space in its xmax, or if the 2 sa's would be better as far as air movement, being there both around the same rms, and ported box size? For a daily application, any input would be appreciated,

Posted

Same power? I say the SAs take it provided you got the space and are a decent builder

The L@zy Hoe

 

 

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

 

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

 

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

 
Posted

The SA 18s are 600rms each, and the single X is 1250 rms,

I have a Sundown SAZ1500 v.3, that will be powering the setup at 1ohm

Recomended pored box for sa's 3.5 cubes each

Recomended ported box for X is 5-7 cubes,

Both would be tuned between 28-32

Posted

if u can fit two x I would and then u can add power later

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Posted

One x for now... double power by adding second amp and second x.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 5384 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...