Made an expensive ass mistake ..

Skax

so the other day i was wiring my pioneer avic z140bh and couldnt to get it to turn on after having it all wired on the factory wire so i tied the constant 12v and acc 12v to positive on back battery and ground to negative obviously and it shot sparks and smelled i was almost positive i had fried it . took it to a shop about 60 miles away to see what they could do and they said they dont know what they could do since the tech wasnt in but i should know today or tomorrow but just trying to think of my options would really wanna get this repaired if its not to expensive..

2002 Mustang GT Procharged

Procharger P1SC Supercharger, 8psi

Procharger Intercooler, Headers,

Borla Off Road X-Pipe Exhaust, Mass Airflow

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

Wait a second, did you tie together the acc and constant power together on the car harness or the red and yellow wires on the back of the HU? Because you may have back fed something in the car electrical and blew a fuse.

Otherwise, a HU shouldn't have done that, there may have been an oem defect

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

Wait a second, did you tie together the acc and constant power together on the car harness or the red and yellow wires on the back of the HU? Because you may have back fed something in the car electrical and blew a fuse.

Otherwise, a HU shouldn't have done that, there may have been an oem defect

on the car harness i wired it like it said i didnt tie the 2 together i used the factory diagram to wire it since it was ripped out and just matched the color codes and couldnt get it to turn on

after i saw it wasnt turning on i took it out tied the 2 together and tested it on my back battery and it popped the fuse on the radio and continued to do it . tried replacing the fuse once and deciding to stop trying. i dont see why it did it though.

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

did you try hooking up just the constant power and ground first, then touching the acc wire to positive? perhaps there is some type of power surge (i doubt it though) with the internal caps trying to charge up and power on the HU simultaneously

Brandon

System:

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

I understand you're trying, but I think you should get someone who actually knows what they're doing to help you. You're the same guy that was having issues with the switch and had it wired wrong last week. I'm not trying to bash you, I just don't think you really have much of an idea as to what you're doing, and you keep getting Sparks and bad results, so try to find someone who knows what they're doing or go to a shop and let them show you how to do this, otherwise I have a strong feeling you're going to fry a lot of equipment until you do learn.

I understand you're trying, but I think you should get someone who actually knows what they're doing to help you. You're the same guy that was having issues with the switch and had it wired wrong last week. I'm not trying to bash you, I just don't think you really have much of an idea as to what you're doing, and you keep getting Sparks and bad results, so try to find someone who knows what they're doing or go to a shop and let them show you how to do this, otherwise I have a strong feeling you're going to fry a lot of equipment until you do learn.

i feel ya. but Im almost positive i had it right. i dont see the reason why it would have sparked i did the exact same thing with my single din i just took out to replace it and powered up fine no problems i had a feeling it was something internally :/

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

Ok after some creeping, did you get this HU used or new?

Brandon

System:

USalts 390amp Hairpin

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

Ok after some creeping, did you get this HU used or new?

used but i watched him pull it out fully functional in his car

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

Hmm thats strange then. I'd just wait until you can get that tech or someone to help. no sense in killing an expensive HU (if you didnt already)

Brandon

System:

USalts 390amp Hairpin

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

Archived