rockFord_Expedition Posted December 3, 2014 Report Posted December 3, 2014 Unfortunately there wasn't enough room to double up the sides or back, but the box is braced accordingly. The kerf itself will help with the sides, and the port & baffles are solid. Personally I'm not a fan of all thread. I've seen lots of builds with all thread have flex (Usually only 1 way instead of both) As far as box integrity goes, besides a couple screws going through the box sides into the kerfed piece, how is that secured/sealed? Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
bcbrassard Posted December 3, 2014 Report Posted December 3, 2014 Op I think the reason you're getting the type of feedback you are is because of the self proclamation. Had you called it something like "how do you like our last minute box build" or something similar, instead of calling it the most epic build log video ever, you would receive more positivity. If it was a rush job, and you had to put out less than your best work cosmetically, maybe you consider a different title. For a rush job you seem to have lots of time for pics and vids. Approach determines response. Your box build was pretty cool, your approach on the other hand....... Would you have watched it with a different title? Yes.... most are audio addicts and will watch most anything on here! lol
rockFord_Expedition Posted December 3, 2014 Report Posted December 3, 2014 Op I think the reason you're getting the type of feedback you are is because of the self proclamation. Had you called it something like "how do you like our last minute box build" or something similar, instead of calling it the most epic build log video ever, you would receive more positivity. If it was a rush job, and you had to put out less than your best work cosmetically, maybe you consider a different title. For a rush job you seem to have lots of time for pics and vids. Approach determines response. Your box build was pretty cool, your approach on the other hand....... Would you have watched it with a different title? Good point, but to answer your question, yes, I have watched many a build videos or logs with a different title, so yes I would have watched. Now I have a question for you, was a few extra views due to your title worth throwing your credibility down the drain and losing future views on future videos? Your video title, and this response, lead me to believe that you considered this build log to be much more than a last minute throw together job. Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
Motorboat KER Posted December 3, 2014 Report Posted December 3, 2014 I know who i wont be having build any boxes for me in the future. Kerfing and stain aint shit for it to be most epic. Welcome to stevemeadedesigns where for it to be epic you need to use fossilized redwood tree bark that is 400 years old. Watered with the tears of an orhpan family.
CleanSierra Posted December 3, 2014 Report Posted December 3, 2014 I guess time will tell. I wouldn't be comfortable with 2 Nightshade 15s on any kind of decent power on a non-braced, single layer box. A shelf brace would have helped a bunch. And 1" all-thread does a pretty good job eliminating flex. I've seen boxes that flexed terribly before 1", flex none after. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
JWAudioDesigns Posted December 9, 2014 Author Report Posted December 9, 2014 Well.. 154.5 which is a new record in nspl car/truck 2501+. All eqiupment has to be in cargo area. hard class to get loud in.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.