Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Passive Radiator Help


mrazandrewm

Recommended Posts

Posted

I talked to David @psi about the passive radiator. Email and he should recommend what works best with the 8.

1999 GMC Yukon, 6 PSI platform 5 18's, 4th order bandpass by BHE, Taramps,

Posted

What email address? [email protected]?

Vehicle: 2013 Ford F-150 STX SuperCab 5.0L V8 4x4

BIG 3: Knukonceptz Kolossus Fleks 0 Gauge OFC Power Amp Kit

Headunit: Stock (Leaving factory look)

Speakers: Stock

Subwoofer: Incriminator Audio Lethal Injection 10" D2 wired down to 1 ohm

Enclosure: ~1.5 cubic feet tuned to ~34 Hz (Port Area ~24 inches)

Amplifier(s): Sundown Audio SAE1000.1D

Amp Power Kit: Knukonceptz Complete 4 Gauge OFC Amplifier Installation Kit

Posted

i need to hear one of these in action! I'm sure they work great and sound amazing. but in my brain it doesn't make sense!

i get it, i really do. just one of those need to see to believe kinda things

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Posted

I've only heard/seen a few PR setups but they were for HT applications though :/ Even though they were HT setups, those enclosures sounded beautiful to my ears.

Vehicle: 2013 Ford F-150 STX SuperCab 5.0L V8 4x4

BIG 3: Knukonceptz Kolossus Fleks 0 Gauge OFC Power Amp Kit

Headunit: Stock (Leaving factory look)

Speakers: Stock

Subwoofer: Incriminator Audio Lethal Injection 10" D2 wired down to 1 ohm

Enclosure: ~1.5 cubic feet tuned to ~34 Hz (Port Area ~24 inches)

Amplifier(s): Sundown Audio SAE1000.1D

Amp Power Kit: Knukonceptz Complete 4 Gauge OFC Amplifier Installation Kit

Posted

I just built another PR setup today.

well lets see it!

now that i think of it i have heard one in a home. but that's Apple to zebras!

i think my only chance of hearing one where i am is if i build one.

if they do have the flat bandwidth like everyone says it very may well be what i build in my girls car.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Posted

It's ugly as sin since it's just a prof of concept build.

I also only used 1x displacement just to see (I'm going to double it). And it's also tuned to 56hz since I couldn't get enough weight on the PR. Lol.

But with all of that said... it sounds great. You'd never know it was tuned that high if I stay under 1,000w or so. It unloads like a bitch with more than that, but if it's not unloading, it'll play anything on any Decaf zip. Which is odd since if it was a port tuned to 56hz, Decaf would get ugly in a hurry.

Posted

While I'm waiting for the ghetto shit I did today to upload, here are some other iterations using the same PR's.

Single 10" with dual 12" PR's. This was way too much. I could never get it tuned low enough.

03c68aa9.jpg

Same two PR's in a 1x displacement app. This one actually did pretty well on lower power. Stupid small box too. 2cf for (2) 12's.

83517867-BE47-4A19-B2E9-EB465B025E28-120

Same box but the back of it. I left them inverted like that so I could add weight as needed.

36950B3B-689C-4A53-BA69-A5C4AC1783DF-120

Same sub as above, but only a single. 1cf with both 12" PR's. This actually started out life as an isobaric alignment (which is why it's so small).

14DE45DD-2E7A-4D3A-9C86-E1AD65F0EFD9-161

0144ED58-A309-4A6D-9C82-579986C4443F-161

Posted

Aaaand the latest addition to my collection of ghetto boxes.

1.5cf with a single DSS Ethos

B09CFC04-AA0C-4379-B999-2488CDCEABCE_zps

You can see the proposed location for the 2nd PR here.

B38173E2-366C-4099-BFBF-549FCF9650B0_zps

And the weight I'm going to need to add to tune the thing into the 30's. Lol

354C9146-2305-4EC5-AE7C-14E989D55C07_zps

Posted

Awesome posts TaylorFade. Might I pick your brain some more? Alright...what PR brand are you using? How do you calculate the displacement of the subwoofer and know what size PR to order? Thanks.

Vehicle: 2013 Ford F-150 STX SuperCab 5.0L V8 4x4

BIG 3: Knukonceptz Kolossus Fleks 0 Gauge OFC Power Amp Kit

Headunit: Stock (Leaving factory look)

Speakers: Stock

Subwoofer: Incriminator Audio Lethal Injection 10" D2 wired down to 1 ohm

Enclosure: ~1.5 cubic feet tuned to ~34 Hz (Port Area ~24 inches)

Amplifier(s): Sundown Audio SAE1000.1D

Amp Power Kit: Knukonceptz Complete 4 Gauge OFC Amplifier Installation Kit

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 5432 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...