Just acquired an Audio Control 6xs. I want to get rid of the passive crossovers in my system. Question is can I use this to replace the passive crossovers in my component Soundqubed's without having to use separate amps for mids and highs. I have a soundqubed 4 ch amp but wanted to keep it separate front and rear.

I had a 6XS back in the day but really can't remember. I still went passive on components but used it for 8" midbass and separation from front to back as well. At least 10+ years ago

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

6xs will work for active still need separate amp per speaker.its not a crossover like has freq and slopes.

Its more of a crossover say you have one set rca out on deck.And you need run front rear sub.it helps cause it will separate it for you on rca outs.

6xs will work for active still need separate amp per speaker.its not a crossover like has freq and slopes.

Its more of a crossover say you have one set rca out on deck.And you need run front rear sub.it helps cause it will separate it for you on rca outs.

Yeah I knew it was for that reason. I was just trying to see if I could use it and still have front and rear separation on my components without using my passive crossovers. I have a four channel amp that I could run highs though two channels and my mids through the other two, but I'd lose my f/r separation. I will probably just run my passives for now until I get another amp.

Archived