Guest Posted December 10, 2014 Report Posted December 10, 2014 I just purchased a Rockford T1500-bd. This is NOT the constant power version so it does about 12-12k rms at 2ohms and 17-18k at 1ohm. I am looking for a pair of 12" subs preferably with high sound quality. I was originally looking a pair of JBL MKIIs but that would have only worked with the constant power version of this amp. And since I got such a good deal on this particular amp I could not pass it up. So now I am looking at a pair of Rockford T1D412s for my setup. I have two concerns with these subs, their power handling and their sound quality. Would two of these subs be able to handle this amp wired at 1ohm? Any experience with the sound quality? Any other recommendations? And for anyone who feels like they need any extra info for what I am looking for. My price range is $400-700 bucks tentatively on the sub pair. And lets assume the ported box size is not an issue as long as it is not too crazy. Lastly, I am not doing competitive sq, I am just looking for a nice daily driver setup. Thanks for the assistance in advance!
BoomZoom808 Posted December 10, 2014 Report Posted December 10, 2014 I think the T1 is really good sounding sub on music and a pair should handle the power from that amp as long as it isn't clipped without any issue. 2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS Knu OFC 1/0 SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750 Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5 IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12
Guest Posted December 10, 2014 Report Posted December 10, 2014 I think the T1 is really good sounding sub on music and a pair should handle the power from that amp as long as it isn't clipped without any issue. Awesome! Thanks for the input!
BoomZoom808 Posted December 10, 2014 Report Posted December 10, 2014 I think the T1 is really good sounding sub on music and a pair should handle the power from that amp as long as it isn't clipped without any issue. Awesome! Thanks for the input! I own a T1 15 and used to own a T1 10 fed both of them 1k from a RF P1000X1D took it all day no prob no smelly coil. Just don't clip the power you send to them or the aluminum cone will give you problems. They do have a lot of cooling built in to them tho 2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS Knu OFC 1/0 SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750 Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5 IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12
Guest Posted December 10, 2014 Report Posted December 10, 2014 I think the T1 is really good sounding sub on music and a pair should handle the power from that amp as long as it isn't clipped without any issue. Awesome! Thanks for the input! I own a T1 15 and used to own a T1 10 fed both of them 1k from a RF P1000X1D took it all day no prob no smelly coil. Just don't clip the power you send to them or the aluminum cone will give you problems. They do have a lot of cooling built in to them tho Sweet! I figured since their amps are under rated that their subs would be too. I just wanted to confirm it. And you say their sound quality is good? I have only had a pair of 12" JL W0's before on only 250watts lol. Good box though. But still, I am looking to make a drastic improvement!
Guest Posted December 11, 2014 Report Posted December 11, 2014 Any other thoughts or opinions will be appreciated!
BoomZoom808 Posted December 11, 2014 Report Posted December 11, 2014 What is your concern with sound quality? I think the T1 is really good sounding sub on music and a pair should handle the power from that amp as long as it isn't clipped without any issue. Awesome! Thanks for the input! I own a T1 15 and used to own a T1 10 fed both of them 1k from a RF P1000X1D took it all day no prob no smelly coil. Just don't clip the power you send to them or the aluminum cone will give you problems. They do have a lot of cooling built in to them tho Sweet! I figured since their amps are under rated that their subs would be too. I just wanted to confirm it. And you say their sound quality is good? I have only had a pair of 12" JL W0's before on only 250watts lol. Good box though. But still, I am looking to make a drastic improvement! It is a very good sounding sub in the right installation. Sound quality is a can of worms we don't need to open. 2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS Knu OFC 1/0 SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750 Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5 IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12
Guest Posted December 11, 2014 Report Posted December 11, 2014 What is your concern with sound quality? I think the T1 is really good sounding sub on music and a pair should handle the power from that amp as long as it isn't clipped without any issue. Awesome! Thanks for the input! I own a T1 15 and used to own a T1 10 fed both of them 1k from a RF P1000X1D took it all day no prob no smelly coil. Just don't clip the power you send to them or the aluminum cone will give you problems. They do have a lot of cooling built in to them tho Sweet! I figured since their amps are under rated that their subs would be too. I just wanted to confirm it. And you say their sound quality is good? I have only had a pair of 12" JL W0's before on only 250watts lol. Good box though. But still, I am looking to make a drastic improvement! It is a very good sounding sub in the right installation. Sound quality is a can of worms we don't need to open. Well I do not need a professional sq setup. But I still want it to sound nice. Like I do not just want something strictly spl and loud like a kicker comp or something. Also, I might try experimenting with rta tuning down the road. Mainly, I just do not want it to sound muddy and/or so loud it overpowers the music.
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted December 11, 2014 Report Posted December 11, 2014 Had a pair on a t1500bdcp handled it fine and I beat on them hard never even got smelly they sound good as well assuming you will be building a proper enclosure for them. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
SQL50 Posted December 11, 2014 Report Posted December 11, 2014 They'll handle the amp just fine, as far as the sound.. Build the enclosure around the type of music you listen to.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.