Is this enough power for my setup?

I am going to be pushing about 2500wrms in my setup. I calculated 2500w/14v to get about 179 amps. I am planning on upgrading my factory alt to a mechman 240amp one. Do you think this would be sufficient? Or would it be worth it to upgrade the front battery to a deep cycle like an XS Power batt too?

240a is sufficient but in reality its not 179a to run a 2.5k amp. its around the 300 to 320a.. amps are not 100% efficient.

Yeah if he was going to burp it all the time, if it's music the current draw is much lower most of the time.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

yes definatly upgrade your front battery & alt, from there if you still have lights dimming and bad volt drop, look into a second battery near your amp in the boot

What is your reasoning? If I drawing less than 200amps with a 240amp alt wouldnt that be fine?

yes definatly upgrade your front battery & alt, from there if you still have lights dimming and bad volt drop, look into a second battery near your amp in the boot

What is your reasoning? If I drawing less than 200amps with a 240amp alt wouldnt that be fine?

reasoning is alternator lag.. you will always have deeming lights

If I add up the fuses on my two amps it sums to 260amps. And I am definitely not planning on burping at all let alone constantly. I just do not want to drop 300+ bucks on a XS batt if I do not need it or if I could get a cheaper batt maybe like Optima or Duralast or something instead.

You're still going to need a good batt under the hood and if it was me one in the back.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived