SIDE SHOW Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 see how there is a lip on the tweeter, that should sit flush again the door trim panel, the body of the tweeter will be hidden inside the door, those three holes on the top of the tweeter can then be used to firmly screw the tweet to the trim panel. firstly i'd start off by taking out the old factory tweeter bezel out, then put the door skin back on then measure the depth you have to play with inside the door with the trim piece on, from there you can tell if the tweet will fit there or if you need to look for somewere else to mount it.
Guest Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 I understand what you are saying. I want to do that. But that speaker grill is built into the plastic panel. It does not just come off. I could do all the measurements, but I am really hesitant to cut into my plastic door panel. I only have a jigsaw anyway so I am not sure if I am properly equipped to make a clean cut.
Cameronmyers74 Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 You could go buy a hole saw and use a drill. http://www.lowes.com/Search=hole+saw?storeId=10151&langId=-1&catalogId=10051&N=0&newSearch=true&Ntt=hole+saw#! heres some hole saws. http://www.menards.com/main/search.html?search=hole+saws And if you have a menards. http://www.menards.com/main/p-2308295-c-10085.htm 10 piece tool shop hole saw kit.
moredbs Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 don't try to use a jigsaw. see if you can find a circle cutter from lowes or home depot that matches the cut out diameter of the tweeter.you will need a drill to attach it to. if you don't have a drill,can you borrow one from someone?
Guest Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 Isn't a circle/hole saw pretty expensive? And I have a drill. By circle cutter do you mean one of these? http://www.professional-power-tool-guide.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/drill-bits-hole-saw-275x300.jpg My concern with this is that I think that is meant for wood, those teeth are pretty big and spaced out and they might crack my plastic panel.
moredbs Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 Isn't a circle/hole saw pretty expensive. And I have a drill. By circle cutter do you mean one of these? http://www.professional-power-tool-guide.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/drill-bits-hole-saw-275x300.jpg My concern with this is that I think that is meant for wood, those teeth are pretty big and spaced out and they might crack my plastic panel. yes thats it. they make them for wood,and it will work on plastic.and you can buy a single one for the cut you need,you don't have to buy a whole kit.its not expensive.
Cameronmyers74 Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 Isn't a circle/hole saw pretty expensive. And I have a drill. By circle cutter do you mean one of these? http://www.professional-power-tool-guide.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/drill-bits-hole-saw-275x300.jpg My concern with this is that I think that is meant for wood, those teeth are pretty big and spaced out and they might crack my plastic panel. I have links in my reply:) But if you have a menards by you heres a 10 piece set. http://www.menards.com/main/p-2308295-c-10085.htm
islandpride684 Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 Isn't a circle/hole saw pretty expensive. And I have a drill. By circle cutter do you mean one of these? http://www.professional-power-tool-guide.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/drill-bits-hole-saw-275x300.jpg My concern with this is that I think that is meant for wood, those teeth are pretty big and spaced out and they might crack my plastic panel. tape the area, mark hole, and drill...or if you can get a hold of a dremel, (about 40 bucks) I would just use that factory tweeter location, remove the cover, mark hole and then grind away.... Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
Cameronmyers74 Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 Isn't a circle/hole saw pretty expensive. And I have a drill. By circle cutter do you mean one of these? http://www.professional-power-tool-guide.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/drill-bits-hole-saw-275x300.jpg My concern with this is that I think that is meant for wood, those teeth are pretty big and spaced out and they might crack my plastic panel. tape the area, mark hole, and drill...or if you can get a hold of a dremel, (about 40 bucks) I would just use that factory tweeter location, remove the cover, mark hole and then grind away.... I think he said the factory cover is built into the panel and cannot be removed.
moredbs Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 Isn't a circle/hole saw pretty expensive. And I have a drill. By circle cutter do you mean one of these? http://www.professional-power-tool-guide.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/drill-bits-hole-saw-275x300.jpg My concern with this is that I think that is meant for wood, those teeth are pretty big and spaced out and they might crack my plastic panel. I have links in my reply:) But if you have a menards by you heres a 10 piece set. http://www.menards.com/main/p-2308295-c-10085.htm thats a good price!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.