CleanSierra Posted January 25, 2015 Report Posted January 25, 2015 Just to answer the question, and not get too involved with WHY you want to do so, I believe Faital has some high power handling 4" mids. I know Dolarbilz had some but I'm not sure if he ever ran or hooked them up. Another member on here, and a local guy to me has 4 of them for his A pillars that are currently being fiberglassed. -Edit- I just looked and the 4" only handles 30W. They have a 5" that does 80W. Partsexpress.com has a Vifa that is badass and handles power(80W) but you're gonna pay for it because:Vifa. I guarantee it sounds nice though. http://www.parts-express.com/vifa-ne123w-08-4-full-range-woofer-speaker--264-1128 Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Guest Posted January 25, 2015 Report Posted January 25, 2015 Wow I forgot I posted this. Yeah I kinda realized a 100 wrms 4" driver would not be all that great. I already have 6.5 in Mezzos in the front door. So I am currently planning to bi amp that component set and put the tweets in the pillars. I am also strongly considering doing a custom 3 way setup with a 4" JBL woofer in the a pillar as well. All separately amped and crossed over.
Miguels Posted January 25, 2015 Report Posted January 25, 2015 There are 5" out there that will handle the sort of power easy... But they are far from "shallow" I'm assuming you want 100w a piece not for the pair? Yes 100w a piece. And are you referencing that PRV 5" woofer? I looked at that but I think it is a little overkill for an a-pillar. 100 rms for the a pillar is overkill my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
CleanSierra Posted January 25, 2015 Report Posted January 25, 2015 I agree^^^ It's not my job to tell others what they should or shouldn't run and I'm going to stop trying. Plenty of guys here run super tweeters, I personally hate them. I'll never run a super tweet in my ride because no matter what, they're not me. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
MrSkippyJ Posted January 25, 2015 Report Posted January 25, 2015 I agree^^^ It's not my job to tell others what they should or shouldn't run and I'm going to stop trying. Plenty of guys here run super tweeters, I personally hate them. I'll never run a super tweet in my ride because no matter what, they're not me. you shouldn't run super tweets, you hate them. I'm just letting you know what you know. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
Guest Posted January 25, 2015 Report Posted January 25, 2015 Wow I forgot I posted this. Yeah I kinda realized a 100 wrms 4" driver would not be all that great. I already have 6.5 in Mezzos in the front door. So I am currently planning to bi amp that component set and put the tweets in the pillars. I am also strongly considering doing a custom 3 way setup with a 4" JBL woofer in the a pillar as well. All separately amped and crossed over. Not running super tweets. My OP was pretty old. That ^^ is my current plan.
CleanSierra Posted January 25, 2015 Report Posted January 25, 2015 I agree^^^ It's not my job to tell others what they should or shouldn't run and I'm going to stop trying. Plenty of guys here run super tweeters, I personally hate them. I'll never run a super tweet in my ride because no matter what, they're not me. you shouldn't run super tweets, you hate them.I'm just letting you know what you know. I didn't quite know how to read this, so I laughed because I figured that was the purpose. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
MrSkippyJ Posted January 25, 2015 Report Posted January 25, 2015 Lol yes, it was meant to be funny. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.