Sundown Audio

amplifiers and speakers

Michael Bulin

Rear 6x9s rms rating 10-100

Front 5.25s rms rating 15-100

The amp rms is 75x4 at 4 ohm and 85x4 at 2 ohm and says it is 2 ohm stable.

Is that enough rms

That'll work

In case it wasn't mentioned already, remember to purchase an amp installation kit, speaker wire, and any other install needs. Also what kind of head unit will you be using? Oh and "some" amp kits come with RCAs but you may need to purchase them separate.

97 Buick LeSabre with stock 140 amp alternator

XS Power D3400 (under the hood) using pdb distro blocks

Big 3 done with 2/0 ga welding cable

Alpine CDE-HD149BT head unit

CT Sounds Meso 6.5" components

CT Sounds 60.4

CT Sounds 1400.1

Fi Q 12 D2 with cooling in 2.5 net tuned @32 hz (box built by Sound Mekanix Customs)

Bunch of Sky High 1/0 ga & 4 ga cable (plus fuse holders)

Connection BT2 & BT4 550 (Audison) RCA's

Bunch of Mojo Mat

I am not familiar with that headunit, but it should at least have two pre-outs (for RCAs). What I would do if I was you, is go to your nearest car audio shop, { not named Best Buy} and listen to as many speakers / component sets as you can. Even bring some of your own music with you that YOU like to listen to and test some out. I would nicely ask the sales person if you could use the same source (head unit or amp) for each test. It just keeps your test variables the same doing that. Also make sure they set the EQ to flat, Which means no boost in treble, bass, loudness, etc... Then just keep testing them with different types of music. Also don't let them pressure you into buying anything. If you do find something you like, see if they offer something that will fit in place of your stock OEM door speakers. If you have any sort of fabrication experience making different size speakers fit isn't really that hard. Just need patience.

As for your install gear, you will need an amp kit which 4 ga should be fine. Not all amp kits come with RCAs so be sure to check if the one you decide to purchase does or not. If not just get them separate in whatever length you need. (depends where in your vehicle you plan on mounting your 4 channel) Personally I would run new speaker wire from the amp to each new speaker, in which a roll or two of 16-18ga would do just fine. For install purposes, its always nice to have some extra split loom, rubber lined cable clamps (for securing 4 ga power cable), and extra zip ties. *****( DISCONNECT BATTERY BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO INSTALL ANYTHING ELECTRICAL)******

97 Buick LeSabre with stock 140 amp alternator

XS Power D3400 (under the hood) using pdb distro blocks

Big 3 done with 2/0 ga welding cable

Alpine CDE-HD149BT head unit

CT Sounds Meso 6.5" components

CT Sounds 60.4

CT Sounds 1400.1

Fi Q 12 D2 with cooling in 2.5 net tuned @32 hz (box built by Sound Mekanix Customs)

Bunch of Sky High 1/0 ga & 4 ga cable (plus fuse holders)

Connection BT2 & BT4 550 (Audison) RCA's

Bunch of Mojo Mat

Archived