Sonic Electronix

Need urgent help installing new audio system

i dont see an amplifier for the mids and highs... are you using the soundstream for the sub or what?

would imagine so, if you have only the amplifier for just the subs i dont see a problem here really

edited-had to reread your psot a few times and look at amp some more

jus get the y splitter their at radioshack or similar store,best buy,whatever

u could maybe even get one at wal mart in the home audio section,whether it will be shielded well enough for car audio use would be the only question...

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

only issue i could see with that thoguh is the incoming voltage from the rcas to amp may change and make setting it up difficult, never setup a 5 channel so i got nothin beyond that

when you split the rcas with the y splitter it will split voltage for that rca set

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

you have 4 rca preouts from your deck (female) you have 6 female rca inputs on your amp (is that correct?) run the front rca to the front input on the amp, then run the rear rca to your amp and SPLIT it at the amp so you then have 4 rca's two for the rear channel and 2 for the sub channel.

you have 4 rca preouts from your deck (female) you have 6 female rca inputs on your amp (is that correct?) run the front rca to the front input on the amp, then run the rear rca to your amp and SPLIT it at the amp so you then have 4 rca's two for the rear channel and 2 for the sub channel.

Ohhhh, ok! That clears up a lot of confusion, I appreciate you explaining that out for me. So the 1 female to 2 male splitter is going into the 5th channel or the rear?

OP, last time I'm going to say this. Read what the amps 2/4/5 channel switch does, you probably won't need the splitters dude.

Will do, It's currently at a friend's house so that the lady doesn't happen to stumble upon it. I'll get back to you guys tomorrow with anything I discover about the switch. Sorry for drawing the post out.

Archived