Second Skin Audio

Rear facing vs. Foreward sealed

KenSchoen

Ok guys as the title implies, what I would like to find out is this...how much of a performance difference is there between having a sub facing the rear of the trunk vs facing it foreward and sealing it off from the trunk? Thanks guys

personally.i haven't sealed.off. but i will share my experiments.

first it depends on cone area and power. if you have a single 12 on 1000w most of the time its louder facing the trunk.

but with.my current set up. 1 15 on 4k its allot louder facing the cabin with the box pushed.all the way back into the trunk.

my old tens on 1500w were louder facing the trunk. almost no bass facing the cabin.

this is all power, cone area, vehicle dependent.

just start flipping and pushing the box around

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

I have an 01 corolla DD...right now I have it sealed off facing forward...and boy it sucks balls...2 10s...i had it inverted sealed off...sounded decent....but the loudest was when i had it facing towards the rear....just a lot of experimenting to do and finding which setup sounds good in your vehicle...I'm just too lazy to revert back to what sounded better...

I have an 01 corolla DD...right now I have it sealed off facing forward...and boy it sucks balls...2 10s...i had it inverted sealed off...sounded decent....but the loudest was when i had it facing towards the rear....just a lot of experimenting to do and finding which setup sounds good in your vehicle...I'm just too lazy to revert back to what sounded better...

i bet any amount of money it would be the exact opposite if you did the same thing with 15s.

or if you had say 2 z4 tens on double power.

let me try to use a analogy i used a long time ago.

subs in a car is like you jumping into water.

if.you were to Jump into the middle of the ocean you Would make a very small wave. however if you jumped into a kiddy pool you Would splash all of the water out.

the trick is finding the right size body of water to make the biggest wave.

I'm not talking about box size.

hope.that's not to confusing

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

i bet any amount of money it would be the exact opposite if you did the same thing with 15s.

or if you had say 2 z4 tens on double power.

let me try to use a analogy i used a long time ago.

subs in a car is like you jumping into water.

if.you were to Jump into the middle of the ocean you Would make a very small wave. however if you jumped into a kiddy pool you Would splash all of the water out.

the trick is finding the right size body of water to make the biggest wave.

I'm not talking about box size.

hope.that's not to confusing

Good analogy, I like it. Finding the right combo to pressurize YOUR cabin is the key.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

OMG! Clean liked something i said! hold on I'm gonna go mark this on my calendar!

and i wasn't saying to go get 15s, i was saying that 15s sealed off would be way louder then facing the trunk, the exact opposite of what happened with your 10s.

possibly doubling the power with your 10s would have the same outcome of the 15s.

Clean- 385

Aj- 1

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

OMG! Clean liked something i said! hold on I'm gonna go mark this on my calendar!

and i wasn't saying to go get 15s, i was saying that 15s sealed off would be way louder then facing the trunk, the exact opposite of what happened with your 10s.

possibly doubling the power with your 10s would have the same outcome of the 15s.

lol...I get what your saying...just gonna use what I got...maybe go back to facing them to the rear...

yea i wasn't trying to change your gear, i was just trying to explain to op about how size and power effects output in placement. using you as a example.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff