Sponsorship takes a lot more then one would think.

You don't have to just go around to local comps, you literally have to drive cross country, attend every show within a certain distance, not only do you have to do comps but you have to go to every possible show that would give them exposure. That means car shows of every type.

The install has to be 100%, clean, unique, and easily stand out in a big crowd.

Really and honestly its easier and better to get in good with a local shop and represent then at shows of all kind right there in your local area.

Over time they will stay to give you better pricing.

I currently work at a local Rockford dealer however before I started working here I was getting a slight discount. I bought everything from them, had their decals on my car, went to every show possible for me. People would occasionally go in there saying I sent them (they knew me by name). They started to give me discounts more and more then a few feet of speaker wire or fused here and there for free when I'd go in there to buy some. I never asked for it I just received it. It got to the point I was just about getting employee pricing. I was even out of state for about a year and the owner was more then willing to sell to me at the same discounted price and ship it to me if I paid shipping.

Companies don't pick someone to sponsor based on the individual person wanting it. They pay attention to what people out there are doing what. They pick the people not asking for it, the people that don't need it, the people that has represented them, advertised for them, and always did great work.

If they want to sponsor you they will find you.

Not completely true, DC Audio was taking applications for sponsorship earlier this month, or November maybe. They're looking for people who are active, they want exposure and people who go to shows. But I'm not saying it's easy, I'm sure there are a ton of guys looking for sponsorship. I'll definitely check with some local shops when I get home, there's only a couple around me... Shit, maybe I should start my own shop and just get dealer pricing.

1994 Mazda RX7 with LS1 Swap and 2 - 10" Kicker L7's in Truck Boxes (because of extremely limited hatch space)

2003 GMC Yukon XL with 3 - 12" MTX 9500's and still has the third row seat (over 7.5 cu ft of enclosures behind third row)

1971 Chevrolet Nova with LS1 Swap (work in progress, most likely 4 - 12" Alpine Type R's as I already have them)

1961 Chevrolet Corvette Restomod with LS7 Swap (system upgrade will be one of the first things that I'll do)

Solo Basshead For The Most Part, None Of My Close Friends Have A Passion For It, Nor The Money For It. If I'm Home And Free... Always Looking To Meet Up With A Fellow Enthusiast To Talk Shop Or Do Demos! Hard To Find Fellow Bassheads (Not Crack or Heroin Addicts, I Can Find Them Everywhere) In Baltimore / Mid-Atlantic / DMV areas.

You don't have to just go around to local comps, you literally have to drive cross country, attend every show within a certain distance, not only do you have to do comps but you have to go to every possible show that would give them exposure. That means car shows of every type.

Really and honestly its easier and better to get in good with a local shop and represent then at shows of all kind right there in your local area.

I currently work at a local Rockford dealer however before I started working here I was getting a slight discount. I bought everything from them, had their decals on my car, went to every show possible for me. People would occasionally go in there saying I sent them (they knew me by name). They started to give me discounts more and more then a few feet of speaker wire or fused here and there for free when I'd go in there to buy some. I never asked for it I just received it. It got to the point I was just about getting employee pricing. I was even out of state for about a year and the owner was more then willing to sell to me at the same discounted price and ship it to me if I paid shipping.

Companies don't pick someone to sponsor based on the individual person wanting it. They pay attention to what people out there are doing what. They pick the people not asking for it, the people that don't need it, the people that has represented them, advertised for them, and always did great work.

Not completely true, DC Audio was taking applications for sponsorship earlier this month, or November maybe. They're looking for people who are active, they want exposure and people who go to shows. But I'm not saying it's easy, I'm sure there are a ton of guys looking for sponsorship. I'll definitely check with some local shops when I get home, there's only a couple around me... Shit, maybe I should start my own shop and just get dealer pricing.

Are you active right now? If the answer is no then you probably wouldnt of been accepted by DC

And to start a shop you need money all i could get was drop shippers because all i had was a garage that i was starting out of alot of companies want you to order a specific amount of product.... and the pricing wasnt worth it could find the same prices on ebay....

I'm super happy with my Northstars I just got.

There's a reason law enforcement and the like (at least around here) all use northstar batteries. Made in the USA, pure lead AGMs. If you look up the specs of any other battery (from what I've seen, link me if you know more than I do about it) they exceed or at least meet the capabilities.

Are you active right now? If the answer is no then you probably wouldnt of been accepted by DC

And to start a shop you need money all i could get was drop shippers because all i had was a garage that i was starting out of alot of companies want you to order a specific amount of product.... and the pricing wasnt worth it could find the same prices on ebay....

I emailed Rusty Flowers directly... he said for me to apply and let him know what setup I'll be running after I get back... might be 2016 before I could join the team, but that'd be alright. I know you gotta put in your time and work to get what you want.

1994 Mazda RX7 with LS1 Swap and 2 - 10" Kicker L7's in Truck Boxes (because of extremely limited hatch space)

2003 GMC Yukon XL with 3 - 12" MTX 9500's and still has the third row seat (over 7.5 cu ft of enclosures behind third row)

1971 Chevrolet Nova with LS1 Swap (work in progress, most likely 4 - 12" Alpine Type R's as I already have them)

1961 Chevrolet Corvette Restomod with LS7 Swap (system upgrade will be one of the first things that I'll do)

Solo Basshead For The Most Part, None Of My Close Friends Have A Passion For It, Nor The Money For It. If I'm Home And Free... Always Looking To Meet Up With A Fellow Enthusiast To Talk Shop Or Do Demos! Hard To Find Fellow Bassheads (Not Crack or Heroin Addicts, I Can Find Them Everywhere) In Baltimore / Mid-Atlantic / DMV areas.

Archived