Sundown Audio

Suggestions on amp....

AstoSoup

Already have a 50Ah AGM up front and a 75Ah in the rear, just got them :) I ruled Banda out once I saw the clamp tests, was turned off. I will look into the SQB's, didn't want to strap amps but plans change sometimes. What about the SQB2200? Will they handle .5 daily? Gotta do some research, wish someone had owned a OPTI 2601 though.... Lanzar as a WHOLE are not garbage, the subs blew my hair back a few times lol... Just not familiar with their amps, so don't know if the 2601 will do an ACTUAL 2600RMS @.5 :/

Head Unit - Clarion VX709 7" DVD Touchscreen

Mid/Highs - Front Doors - RF Prime 6.5" component mids.

A. Pillars - RF Punch component tweets.
B. Pillars - RF Prime component tweets.
Rear Doors - RF Punch 5.25" mids.
RF Punch 3-way passive X-overs.
Mid/Highs Amp - MB Quart Onyx 360.4, 4 channel, 640W RMS.
Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Sub Amp - Audiopipe GD6001 @.5ohm, clamped 2825RMS.
Box - 9.6 cu^3 net @35Hz, three 6" aero's.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

Already have a 50Ah AGM up front and a 75Ah in the rear, just got them :) I ruled Banda out once I saw the clamp tests, was turned off. I will look into the SQB's, didn't want to strap amps but plans change sometimes. What about the SQB2200? Will they handle .5 daily? Gotta do some research, wish someone had owned a OPTI 2601 though.... Lanzar as a WHOLE are not garbage, the subs blew my hair back a few times lol... Just not familiar with their amps, so don't know if the 2601 will do an ACTUAL 2600RMS @.5 :/

you dont have to strap them..... yeah i would never go to lanzar the reputation of the company as a whole is bad

and doing the 2200 at .5 you might need to upgrade your electrical you would have to ask some one with more experience with them

I will stand by SQ amps. I've been running the 2200 for a year now at .5 and the amp barely get warm. SQ is owned by DD. SQ have great price points and every product I've gotten from them (multiple subs and amp) I've never been disappointed with. Personally if your on a budget crunch I would go with SQ.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

you dont have to strap them..... yeah i would never go to lanzar the reputation of the company as a whole is bad

and doing the 2200 at .5 you might need to upgrade your electrical you would have to ask some one with more experience with them

I would say yes to the upgraded electrical. Big 3 for sure and a battery under the hood. If at all possible then a H/O alt (I'm finally getting mine) or a battery bank.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

I would say yes to the upgraded electrical. Big 3 for sure and a battery under the hood. If at all possible then a H/O alt (I'm finally getting mine) or a battery bank.

he has a 180 amp alt and agm upfront and one in back he says

he has a 180 amp alt and agm upfront and one in back he says

130a*... WISH it was a 180a lol. I am going to add a second 130a once I get a bracket. This alt. was $119 new and does the same amperage at idle as at full RPM, so I like it :) 125Ah of battery may be a little small, but I can easily add another 75 in the back and get a bus bar.

Head Unit - Clarion VX709 7" DVD Touchscreen

Mid/Highs - Front Doors - RF Prime 6.5" component mids.

A. Pillars - RF Punch component tweets.
B. Pillars - RF Prime component tweets.
Rear Doors - RF Punch 5.25" mids.
RF Punch 3-way passive X-overs.
Mid/Highs Amp - MB Quart Onyx 360.4, 4 channel, 640W RMS.
Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Sub Amp - Audiopipe GD6001 @.5ohm, clamped 2825RMS.
Box - 9.6 cu^3 net @35Hz, three 6" aero's.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

I can say 100% that the 2200 will handle .5 daily. Like I said I've had mine running at that for a little more than a year now and it's just fine. That's even with some low voltage drop haha

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400