computer sub help

I would personally go with Logitech, Klipsch or Creative Labs

I got to agree with that, although Creative Labs is on the cheaper side a tad compaired to the other two.

You wont be able to find anything better then Klipsch, they got it on lock down for pc audio, with so many models to choose from.

Next Id have to go with the Logitechs, they always performed well, lasted long, and played loud.

Here are some klipsch on ebay, they are not the nicest ones, I think they have a model or 2 higher above this line. I had some 2.1s along time ago, I got from a friend and they whre pretty good, all I got left now is the sub box and the two 6.5s in it. http://cgi.ebay.com/Klipsch-Promedia-5-1-T...1QQcmdZViewItem

I would personally go with Logitech, Klipsch or Creative Labs

I got to agree with that, although Creative Labs is on the cheaper side a tad compaired to the other two.

You wont be able to find anything better then Klipsch, they got it on lock down for pc audio, with so many models to choose from.

Next Id have to go with the Logitechs, they always performed well, lasted long, and played loud.

Here are some klipsch on ebay, they are not the nicest ones, I think they have a model or 2 higher above this line. I had some 2.1s along time ago, I got from a friend and they whre pretty good, all I got left now is the sub box and the two 6.5s in it. http://cgi.ebay.com/Klipsch-Promedia-5-1-T...1QQcmdZViewItem

nah those kilpsch are the top of the line for them and they are neck in neck with the logitech z-5500 it just depends on youre preference in sound people flip flop on both ive heard both side by side and honestly they were pretty damn close to each other. but i guess i picked the logitech z-5500 cause at the time it was cheaper and it had that sweet ass sound control pod, the kilpsch has a pretty boring control pod.

but yeah id def pick either the klipsch that was posted above or the z-5500 i personally like the z-5500 better cause i feel like it hits soo much harder than the klipsch but the klipsch has better sq and doest distort that much at high volumes. so id suggest going to your like local electronics store and hearing both of them. probably in the early morning with no one else in the store so theyll let you crank it up

The ones in the ebay link are just pro media 5.1, there is also the pro media ultra 5.1 which come with a different controler.

The ones on their site have a different controller. I thought I also remember even seeing some older ones with even a better controller. http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/pr...-ultra-5-1.aspx

I hear ya on the controllers tho, They got to be all fancy looking! Which I give the logitech that much. Although I do like the headphone jack on the klipsch controller. It would be hard for me to choose between the two. I like to play alot of CSS and would almost go with the klipsch just for that headphone jack. But I just use my normal home stereo which is hooked up through my pc, and I power my Sony MDR-V700 headphones through that. More power, and cleaner sound, and I can hear footsteps accross the map in a game.

Either way, if you going to drop your wad on some nice pc speakers, you wont be let down with either or. :^

oh yeah sorry i thought they were the ultra i meant the ultra compared with the z-5500 but those two klipsch system are very similar and the logitech z-5500 has headphone and line in ports on the sound control pod too... theyre on the left side and on the back is a 5.1 connection, a optical input and a coax input. honestly tech wise logitech has got it down the control pod is too beastly. you know for the warranty what they make you do? they make you send in JUST the control pod... i had my grill off my first z-5500 and my friend was like HEY it moves lets put my foot in it while its moving... so the voice coil came off the cone cause of his dumbass and i was like getting ready to ship this huge massive system back to logitech i called them and they were like put the control pod into a box and just ship it out to us once we get it we will process youre order for a brand new z-5500 system within a couple of weeks i had a brand spankin new logitech system at my door... pretty damn good customer service except that they would only take my receipt/claim through fax not email not even mail only faxes.   

klipsch ultra may be slightly better with sound but with everything else logitech owns it. also those amps have a tendency to burn out after a year or so which alot of people complained about.

Memphis Audio M1 + logitexh X-530 = knockin pictures off that wall... in the dining room :-D

the M1 is in an old prefab i had laying around, running off of around 200W from a old shitty blitz amp i had laying around.

bumps hardcore

2005 Grand PrixSource: StockFronts: Stock 6.5 ComponentsRears: Stock 6x9Subwoofer: FI BTL 12" Fully optionedSubwoofer amplifier: Kenwood KAC-7203 bridged @ 4ΩEnclosure: 3.41cuft tuned to 33hz

yea, ive seen a few things about their amps burning out, Ive seen some guy on ebay offering to repair them and upgrade some of the internal compononts for more power.

I didnt know the logitechs had all that, so Id deff go with the logitechs.

All around logitech is a good company with good cust service.

Im a proud owner of a logi g5 laser mouse, a logi desktop mic, and a logi g15 keyboard (omg so many options for programs that can be ran on the lcd display, its unreal, plus you can make your own!). Only bad part is I first had a 1st gen g15 keyboard, and my key paint was wearing off, I emailed logi, and they said, send it back in, and well give you a new keyboard. So I send it back in, and got my new one in a lil less then 2 weeks, with my old one too... I got 2 g15s now, but my old one I yanked the leds out of  :D :^