Jared Lingley Posted December 24, 2014 Report Posted December 24, 2014 I recently just bought a new ppi900.4 amp. (About a week old.) And when I turn the volume up, to what I originally put it at with my other amp, it starts to crackle. I have no clue what could be wrong.
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted December 24, 2014 Report Posted December 24, 2014 How were the gains set? That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Miguels Posted December 24, 2014 Report Posted December 24, 2014 you might be over powering the speakers.. also PPI = dirty power my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
Jared Lingley Posted December 24, 2014 Author Report Posted December 24, 2014 I have the HPF xover on. And the gain is set to the middle. Between 60hz and 400ha. And what do you mean, "dirty power"?
Miguels Posted December 24, 2014 Report Posted December 24, 2014 they clip easily my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
Jared Lingley Posted December 24, 2014 Author Report Posted December 24, 2014 Well what do you think I should do? I was suggested this amp many times. I think I have a couple more weeks to return, and get a full refund. Any other amp you suggest for the crescendo pwx 6.5?
Miguels Posted December 24, 2014 Report Posted December 24, 2014 you have the pwx? check if you havent damage them. also check if your crossovers r set properly.. i would get that same noise on stock speakers. i fixed it by setting my HU to 100hz and 80hz.. i have no subs so i need to get bass from somewhere. i still get that crackilng noise but not much i could hear and it goes away when i set my HU to 125 hz my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
Jared Lingley Posted December 24, 2014 Author Report Posted December 24, 2014 My HU is set at 125hz. With my other amp, it was just fine at 100hz cranked to 57(highest is 62) with no distortion. This amp is barley 45, and not even close to loud. Another thing I forgot to mention, is when I turn the subs off from the HU, under "subwoofer 1" the crackling seems to disappear at idle and barley come back at mid rpm.
alaskanzx5 Posted December 24, 2014 Report Posted December 24, 2014 Set the gain correctly How do you know your hu is clean to 57? What freq and tone ( 0 -5 -10) are you using to determine this? Any boost (loud setting, bass boost source level adjustment)? Check grounds, fuses holders, power, speaker wire, and any other electrical connection. Process of elimination. t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.