hi-lo speaker to rca converter

hey hey

my gf got a 2013 hyundai accent, i dont feel like hacking up her dash to fit a traditional head unit, and not sure if there is a dash kit for this car, and she likes the stock set up, but its lacking bass. i want to put her sub and amp in it, but i have never done a converter in a car.

im looking for a well known product, and a place to get it. the car audio websites i usually use dont have what im looking for.

would appreciate being pointed in the right direction! thanks.

I never use converters. I take a pair of rca cut the ends off and take the positive and twist them together and tap them to a positive side of a speaker that has bass. Then twist the wires that covered the positives when you stripped them and make a Cassie ground. Done this in about 50 cars/trucks, from new to old . . never had a problem at all.

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

I never use converters. I take a pair of rca cut the ends off and take the positive and twist them together and tap them to a positive side of a speaker that has bass. Then twist the wires that covered the positives when you stripped them and make a Cassie ground. Done this in about 50 cars/trucks, from new to old . . never had a problem at all.

I recommend not following this. A LOC is easy to use. Takes 30 minutes at the most

i dont think he was talking about a LOC.. he says he cuts the end of rca and wires them to a speaker.. i think that would make any amp clip and dont suggest it.

yea i seen the pre made rca's that just wire to your speaker wires. not feelin that, thats not going to give me the lows that are required. i have no problem buying and installing a converter instead of hackin up some rca's. a 3sixty.3 will do what i need?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_74360_Rockford-Fosgate-RF-HLC.html?utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=paid&utm_campaign=criteoFB&utm_content=Rockford+Fosgate

how about this little guy? it looks like there arent any gain settings on it like the other converters have. so im assuming it just has a preset, and you do the rest with your amp?

Archived