Sundown Audio

dc 9k went into protect.

moredbs

Rubbery things mounted under an amp to stop vibrations dont do a damn thing..

think about it, louder vehicles can make windows flex that are outside of a vehicle 10+ feet away

The same can be said for water puddles on the ground getting ripples.

All a rubber bushing is going to do is stop the heatsink from vibrating as bad, the sound molecules can still shake the helll out of the pc-b inside the heatsink.
So look at the amp heatsink as a building which may not be moving, and then look at the actual pc-b as the window whch is inside that building but moving greatly.

Rubber bushings usless. Still had big amps go up with or with out them.

Now on to the box ordeal.

Another myth, unless your putting some massive expensive 35inch long amplifier on a prefab box (highly unlikely id hope) you shouldn't have any issues if the box is built correctly, double or triple layered where needed, braced in other spots where needed etc. Sometimes that box maybe the better issue than some a thick board bolted through some flimsy sheet metal floor pan and you have taken out the amp 3 times now with and without rubber bushings (friends vehicle).

Warranties, a lot of companies will not offer them on these bigger boards, due to their issues with something such as board flex taking them out again with ease. If it blown once from this issue whats to say it wont blow again from the same issue. That guy could of spent 400$ on parts to repair the amp above and beyond needed too make it better than oem, but if it blows from a reason that is mostly due to installer error from a bad mounting spot, why should he cover the repair again himself when it was not his repair that caused the damage. Mosfets get expensive, and if you blow 1 mosfet on the output section you should repair the entire section with all new mosfets that typically cost 7-10$ each, now multiply that by 16 for just one side of the amp (32 total) thats a huge expense to eat on your own when again installer error was to blame.

Since your in Ohio, it may be way cheaper to ship the amp someplace closer, but stay far far away from ARC and CIA Engineering.

I have been using Cory Brandes in WI for amp repairs for a while now, honest guy that does it on the side and very fair pricing.

The amp I was talking above is an atomic 7k that has vibrated itself to death a couple times now (with and without rubber bushings).

We took out the atomic to put in a rare american bass that never made it to market and the entire bottom plate fell off the atomic, all the screws rattle out and are mia.

I tried some softer thicker rubber mounting the american bass, that was taken out as well from vibrations, to the point that the bottom almost completly rattled off, and the side panel was being kept on by the RCA's plugged in.

The remote knob port was snapped off the PC-B as well.

Its a little under $200.00 per amp plus shipping to have them repaired, a 9.0K would probably be a little more due to it size.
So it maybe worthwhile checking into Cory and tell him I sent you that way. Message him on facebook.

I myself know Id rather have my amp traveling as least as possible to and from its destination which is usually less transfer points via the shipper and less times for a careless packer or unpacker to throw, slam, or drop your package.

DB-r does do great work, but he is expensive and does take a while not including the 4-5 days to ship it there and back.

I sent my DC 10k to steve at Amp Medics in Florida and had it back within two weeks. My 10k made a loud " clap" sound and stayed in protect. It was capacitors inside the amp.

thanks for the info! I've only read things bad about amp medics though. but that loud clap is what i heard ,but i wasn't even playing music. what did it cost you? I'm curious

It cost me 500.

Pioneer 80PRS

4 Scan Speak discovery 4" full rage

2 Ampere Audio 6.5 Comp sets

3 Singer 370 Hairpin's

1 Odyssey g78/34-P1500

6 DieHard Platinum Marine g31

4 XS D3100's

DC 175.4

DC 90.4

4 DC 5k's

4 m3 lvl 5 15's

Soundrive RCA's

Lots of welding lead & SkyHigh

Team DC AUDIO

i would go with who gives a warranty.. when they dont i feel like they will do a half ass job since you agreed to no warranty..

the guy at db-r said there is no such thing as a warranty, on anything that big.he said places will tell you they will give you one, but when something happens they will just blame you. he seems legit, and kept it real with me.

had this happen to me recently.....

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Thanks Audiofanaticz! You just painted a perfect picture with your info. Me and my wife will be traveling to Wisconsin for her cousins wedding in a week. I will try and contact Cory,and i could bring the amp with me. we will be 2 hrs away from Sheboygan if thats also were Cory is located.

Cory is close to the WI/MN boarder, about 4ish hours from sheboygan, I myself am in Sheboygan.

cool! just sent him a message on fb,still would feel better shipping within wisconson. hopefully he will hit me back. thanks!

i would go with who gives a warranty.. when they dont i feel like they will do a half ass job since you agreed to no warranty..

the guy at db-r said there is no such thing as a warranty, on anything that big.he said places will tell you they will give you one, but when something happens they will just blame you. he seems legit, and kept it real with me.

had this happen to me recently.....

they blame something on you?

Archived