Fresh engine in the Avalanche.

There is more to the cost of a reman then the warranty it's all about the quality of the rebuild and what was done to bring it up to factory spec.

Same thing like built engines why is one guys 500hp crate motor $5k and the other guys $15k? It's all about the build quality.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Some reuse the internal some use new..thats where the price difference should be..but are the guys charging more really putting new parts.if a machine shop does it chances are they did a good bulid. It's iffy if a street mechanic builds it.seen those fail many times. I bought an engine that cost $500 10 years ago with 3 month warranty. Sold it to my cousin a year later and he still races with it

Not bogus at all. I install Jasper engines and transmissions it's legit and nation wide... hell I myself warranty everything that leaves my shop for 2 yrs 24 k miles. ..

And it's 3 years or 100 miles

Jasper also updates any known issue so their motor won't fail the same way.

Did research and many do offer 3 year warranty it just cost more. Some even offer 3 year unlimited miles.. I'm not saying 3 year warranty it bogus..the 300k is, no one will put 300k miles before the 3 year thats why some offer unlimited miles to take business from those who offer a bogus mileage.. Like I said I rather pay $600 and get 1 year warranty than to pay close to 3k and get 3 year warranty.. Honestly you don't need that much with a well built engines. Bad engines break down within a few miles.you will notice even before the first oil change..if it Breaks after a year or 5k miles then maintenance wasn't kept up or was operationg in a manner it shouldn't/user error..

Edit :now I build my own and get no warranty

Cause you do your own work. Thats why you could care less about the warranty. Most engine failures are due to poor machining not the rebuild its self.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

See where I come into this is that he just spent $5500 and only gets one year warranty on the engine.. NO thanks. I would want that investment to be taken care of a bit longer.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

See where I come into this is that he just spent $5500 and only gets one year warranty on the engine.. NO thanks. I would want that investment to be taken care of a bit longer.

If I have to claim warranty at all I will be disappointed. Boasting about longer warranty doesn't increase the quality of an engine. It's all a gamble, you pay for more coverage and you might never use it, or the opposite.

I agree, I'd rather have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it but my options were quite limited.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

If I have to claim warranty at all I will be disappointed. Boasting about longer warranty doesn't increase the quality of an engine. It's all a gamble, you pay for more coverage and you might never use it, or the opposite.

I agree, I'd rather have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it but my options were quite limited.

The warranty covers more then just the internals of the motor. Lets say your rear main seal goes out within the warrany period... Guess what its covered too. Oil pan gasket. timing cover gasket. Things that could be a part defect or what not. Just my thoughts.

The warranty covers more then just the internals of the motor. Lets say your rear main seal goes out within the warrany period... Guess what its covered too. Oil pan gasket. timing cover gasket. Things that could be a part defect or what not. Just my thoughts.

My warranty covers all parts and labor. They way I saw it was, if it's not going to have any major problems withing the first year chances are it's probably going to be good. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have a 3 year 100k warranty but it wasn't available.

Then again, the crank could split in half the day after the warranty expires, but who can predict or prevent that?

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

you dont have to worry.. although 3 year warranty is good.. if there is bad machining you will notice withing a week or 2(broken down engine).. its nice to have a long warranty but on an engine if its going to fail its going to fail sooner than later.. it has moving internals and if its not done right you wont get too far.

^ Exactly ^ For sure within the first year or a couple thousand miles any problem with that engine would show.

Exactly. Not to mention that I am breaking it in and I get to to take care of it without it being abuse by a previous owner.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Archived