9500mtx Posted January 3, 2015 Report Posted January 3, 2015 Mdf flex's with my 9500mtx 15 iam thinkin hdf ported ? Any feed back would be appreciated
CleanSierra Posted January 3, 2015 Report Posted January 3, 2015 If MDF flexes too much, design and build a better box. HDF will work but it's heavy as shit. Everyone overlooks the benefits of a well designed box with proper bracing, shelf bracing more specifically. Edit- Welcome to the forum, I hope you like it here! Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
hdorre Posted January 3, 2015 Report Posted January 3, 2015 shelf bracing more specifically. LOL.. thats cute But yeah, I agree 100% with Justin. On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
Triticum Agricolam Posted January 3, 2015 Report Posted January 3, 2015 Try to keep unbraced spans within your box less than 10" to 12" inches. Flexing problem solved. Also if you want to try a stiffer material use baltic birch plywood. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
knowledge Posted January 4, 2015 Report Posted January 4, 2015 add 2x4's REFF'SMy linkEBAYhttp://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=trueI love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.
CarAudioFab Posted January 5, 2015 Report Posted January 5, 2015 Bracing goes a long way! -Mark Host of "CarAudioFabrication" - YouTube Car Audio Tutorial Channel Check out my forum section here on SMD for my builds and tutorial videos! Subscribe on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/CarAudioFabrication
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.