Flamingsword360 Posted January 4, 2015 Report Posted January 4, 2015 I have a skar DDX 12 D2 and a skar T-1400. And I want to build a 4th order for it. But im not sure where to start. it will be going into a 94 F-150. the space I have to work with is 30W 18H 16.5D I might can go bigger if needed. As a side note I listen to alot of rap and decaf sometimes rock.
ToNasty Posted January 4, 2015 Report Posted January 4, 2015 why do you want a 4th order first of all? ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
Flamingsword360 Posted January 4, 2015 Author Report Posted January 4, 2015 Well please correct me if im wrong but would I not be able to have better power handling with a 4th order and play lower? If not what kind of box would you recommend?
CleanSierra Posted January 4, 2015 Report Posted January 4, 2015 Well please correct me if im wrong but would I not be able to have better power handling with a 4th order and play lower? If not what kind of box would you recommend? The Power handling thing is a bit misleading and only half true. You have the ability to MECHANICALLY control the sub and apply more power than rated, however you still have the thermal rating to adhere with. Inverting the motors into the ported section to vent is helpful but still not an excuse to go apeshit. Bandpasses are nice, but many times a standard vented enclosure(tuned low if you like chopped music and rap) will accomplish what you want. It really all comes down to your(or your designer's) understanding of what it takes to fit the needs of the sub in question. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Flamingsword360 Posted January 4, 2015 Author Report Posted January 4, 2015 Well right now its only in a box thats about 1.89cf after displacement and about 36hz tuning. I would like to build a box that is around 30hz tuning. But yes I know about thermal power handing I just need help with a 4th order because this would be my first box build. Or what box would be best for that sub like I said I listen to alot of rap and decaf and some rock every now and then.
CleanSierra Posted January 4, 2015 Report Posted January 4, 2015 A 4th order bandpass should NOT be your first box that you build. Build a box with 30" of port, 2 cubic feet net(after port and sub displacement), and tune it at 30-33 Hz. The box it's in now might just suck. Is it a prefab? If you are still wanting to pursue a 4th order bandpass, I can't help you because I can't guarantee results. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Joe X Posted January 4, 2015 Report Posted January 4, 2015 OP all you needed to do is go for a 15" instead of a 12", the space is there, now on your box is it over the backseats? Do you have a sketch of the box? Pics? Also I guess (hope) the sub is a D2, do you have your electrical ready for the 1400W? How did you set your gains? Ported boxes will drop as low as you will ever need the to and will take less of your precious space.
Flamingsword360 Posted January 4, 2015 Author Report Posted January 4, 2015 Let me start by saying that im going to get a friend of mine to build it for me he has been out of car audio for about 6 or 7 years now works with wood everyday so im sure what ever specs I give him he can do it. Also I know how to set my gains and subsonic right and im not going to give it the full 1400rms more like 1100 for now. I just need some help designing the box. Yes the sub is a dual 2 it is setting at 1.2 dc resistance when in parallel (obviously) . And yes the box is a shitty prefab from skar I have the sub inverted right now.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.