Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Tuning advice and First box build.


K_McPartlin

Recommended Posts

Posted

First time building a box and i was wondering if 32hz will be the chest pounding bass i like. I want it where i cant breath. I listen to mainly rap with some other types of music but mainly rap or real bass heavy songs(Decaf,etc...). I have 2 12 inch kicker L5s on about 1500 watts in a prefab box that broke the other day. Should i tune the box to about 30hz so when placing the subs in it will be at about 32hz.

I have 33 inches across my jeep that i can use. i can go 17 inches tall to about seat line and do 17 inches wide.( I could go bigger but i need some room.)

I am going to mount the subs on top and have the port facing the back door of my jeep. Anyone have any advice for me on this?

I using a box generator and research to help me decide one what i should do.

Thanks.

Posted

Im not great at box building so I cant tell you how to do that but 32hz is good for rap music.

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

Posted

So 30 hz would be fine. Because the other displacement will 32 when i put the 2 12s into the box

Posted

30 or 32 Hz, you will never be able to hear the difference.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

Alright and anyone know how many db.(im not trying to get a comp set up i just was wondering if i should go with a t-line or just a normal ported.) I dont want to be hella loud i want it to sound clean.

Posted

You don't want it hella loud but you want it so that you can't breathe? I'm confused...

32hz would sound really nice for rap.

2010 F150 FX4
-18" AA Mayhem
-Crescendo BC3500d
-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel
-2 Crescendo FT1

-2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5

-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT
-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights
-All LED interior lighting
-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip
-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga)

-DC Power 270XP

-Group 65 NorthStar AGM battery

Coming soon/plans:

-Build log
-Blacked out mirror reflectors
-Tinted tails/3rd brake light

Posted

Im not running for comp i just want to fell it in my chest. If i wanted it loud i would upgrade any and everything i can. Yea i kinda want it loud

Posted

Check the bandwidth on winisd and see where it peaks at X box volume at X tuning frequency. Are you after low bass or higher frequency bass? Are you after more of a comp build to get as loud as you possibly can or after a daily listening? There's so many variables and box designs are different from application to application. A certain sub may perform to your liking at 32 hz and another sub may perform to your liking at 40 hz, their all different. Try to work out a design on torres to see what you can do with those dimensions. Carstereo has a port area calculator that works pretty well.. Calculate that into your design and you should be good to go.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 10042 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...