Sundown Audio

American Bass VFL500.1 Questions

hdorre

right on. i thought you meant saz4500.. the AB needs a heat sink update. its stuck in the 90's but i would try it before many amps on the market. sundown hands down one of my favorites.

American bass is Zenon built, Sundown, and DC for that matter are both S&I.

Definitely not the same boards.

thank.. i didnt know where AB came from. still looks solid to me

Same place as Atomic, populous, and ampere iirc

I can say...

Ampere is using a sundown and DD z board (double edit,.. dd z1a ish, what ive seen) Killer thick board.

On the boards i "pump" ....

edit - FROM what info i have... ill say that

Pretty sure the 8.0tfe is zenon.

Now..

that.. ill bet my sack on

The smaller.... (even the 7.5 that was dumped) i have a, or was told, where they come from

(the V2 sundown for what i run, and the 5k is branched off the dd Z1a (older but dope)....

Just what me and my dorks have seen an read.... ( i REALLY like that 5k,... and i dig my 3800's)

Cool thing is, "that guy" has the pull to "change" things, on the board....Sorry bad choice of words... He can "up " the componets, and... put it what they see fit.........

Brian, if you can PM me with any working info... ill take it..

Could be.

Honestly I don't care either way.

So many companies pop up promising the world and then their gone.
Nothing against any company, but Id rather let someone else be a guinea pig on expensive amps and see how they are doing a year or 2 down the road (that is unless the company wants to send me some demo amps to abuse the snot out of).

Hell, thats why I never switched to NS-1s when the golden opportunity presented itself. Why change if you got no complaints, what if the new boards where hella problematic, what if they didnt like being wired low, etc.. I think it wasnt until the 3rd preorder on the 4500s before I finally decided to pull the trigger.

Look at you and populous, you hugged them like no other, even was a dealer, that lasted what 6 months, before you jumped ship to another brand once again? lol

Archived