BigManAC Posted January 9, 2015 Report Posted January 9, 2015 Im thinking about building a burp box strictly for when I compete. My box right now is sealed off but is also removeable. Ive been looking at topics and saw that in order to find my cars peak fq I need to do a sweep in a sealed box so im going to build a plug for my boxes port and do it that way. Going off of parameters, what needs to be different in a burp box. Recommended port area, ratio ect. Here is my box as of now. Its gotten me a 144db @ 32Hz and just want to see if I can improve that. Other info: 2001 Saturn L200, Fi BL 15'' on SQ2200 @1ohm 2001 Saturn L200-Sony MEX-BT4100PFRONT STAGE:- (4) Crescendo PWX 6- Cadence XA250.2SUB STAGE:-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)-Crescendo BC2kELECTRICAL:- Singer 240A alt - XS Power D3400- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gaugeBuild Log: Click HereScores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw
juan777 Posted January 9, 2015 Report Posted January 9, 2015 There's a newer version of Torres, I think this one was buggy. Try the latest one to see if there are any changes The L@zy Hoe 2005 Chevy Tahoe 2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids 4 10 midrange 4 6.5 midwoofers 4 Tweeters 6 Supertweeters 2 Lithium 80AH Batteries 24K Watts 4 Custom 18s Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works The Build Log Like Loud Bass? Click Here! On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said: See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on. On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said: I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!
ludeman Posted January 9, 2015 Report Posted January 9, 2015 I'll be doing a single 15" this year too! What works for me us tune high and use medium to small boxes! Are you planning on bassracing or just burp? Ray 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Kenwood DDX9702S Connected with iDatalink Maestro Cactus Sounds PF K5 w/ 1 Sundown Audio Zv.4 "10 Cactus Sounds PF 250.4 w/ SSA Evil 6.5" Midranges & Evil 1's Tweeters Northstar D3100 in the rear
BigManAC Posted January 9, 2015 Author Report Posted January 9, 2015 I'll be doing a single 15" this year too! What works for me us tune high and use medium to small boxes! Are you planning on bassracing or just burp? Most likely just burp. I was thinking about dropping the net to about 3.5cuft 2001 Saturn L200-Sony MEX-BT4100PFRONT STAGE:- (4) Crescendo PWX 6- Cadence XA250.2SUB STAGE:-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)-Crescendo BC2kELECTRICAL:- Singer 240A alt - XS Power D3400- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gaugeBuild Log: Click HereScores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw
never knows best Posted January 9, 2015 Report Posted January 9, 2015 i wouldnt trust a program.... try making a test box with a side that is adjustable to increase/decrease volume. also a port or several ports that are also adjustable (pvc is cheap and easy to adjust)... then test test test test test test .... edit: assuming you have a db meter to compare measurements-
ludeman Posted January 9, 2015 Report Posted January 9, 2015 X2.... My first box will be 3c/f with 2 6" zeros then 1 8"! Second box wilk be 1.5c/f with a 7" adjustable aero! Be ready to chop, cut & rebuild! Ray 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Kenwood DDX9702S Connected with iDatalink Maestro Cactus Sounds PF K5 w/ 1 Sundown Audio Zv.4 "10 Cactus Sounds PF 250.4 w/ SSA Evil 6.5" Midranges & Evil 1's Tweeters Northstar D3100 in the rear
BigManAC Posted January 11, 2015 Author Report Posted January 11, 2015 I just didnt know if there was any rule of thumb to go buy like a certain amount or port area. I will be doing either an aero port or depending on the size a pvc port. 2001 Saturn L200-Sony MEX-BT4100PFRONT STAGE:- (4) Crescendo PWX 6- Cadence XA250.2SUB STAGE:-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)-Crescendo BC2kELECTRICAL:- Singer 240A alt - XS Power D3400- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gaugeBuild Log: Click HereScores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw
CleanSierra Posted January 11, 2015 Report Posted January 11, 2015 Find resonant frequency, build a box with a good amount of port AREA(not per cube bullshit) and an amount of airspace that can control your sub mechanically and avoid launching a cone. I know we are only talking about a 2200 on a 1500W sub, but it still needs to be said. Don't put the sub in double the recommended volume obviously Resonant frequency is going to be the key and tune right at THAT frequency. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
aulovel5 Posted January 11, 2015 Report Posted January 11, 2015 Large port small box for the one that I built a while ago I ended up with about 1.3 cubes for a single 12" dd redline and a 6" flared PVC port for a 600rms sub it handled 5800 watts for a lot longer than I expected. Port on opposite side as meter test a lot
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.