Jump to content

new mids and highs help with setup


fordbassmaker95

Recommended Posts

Posted

ok I have 2 pioneer 6x8s, 4 jl audio 6.5 comps, 2 alpine 6x9s and a 4 channel amp.but I don't have the crossovers for the comps. so my question is if I wired the coax speakers together on 2 channels and the comps on 2 channels and the tweets on the hu would that be ok? or do I have to have the xovers.

Posted

i would get rid of all the mismatch gear. it looks nasty and it wont sound right. pick either the 6x8 or 6x9

i still think you can get away with just the jl audio.. you dont need many speakers to get it to sound loud. just use the jl 6.5

Posted

i would get rid of all the mismatch gear. it looks nasty and it wont sound right. pick either the 6x8 or 6x9

i still think you can get away with just the jl audio.. you dont need many speakers to get it to sound loud. just use the jl 6.5

the 6x8s are in the front doors stock location and 6x9 are rear deck only ones that are being seen are the jls one in each door and I have a 1200 watt autotek 4 channel atx1200.4
Posted

Make sure the tweets are crossed over somehow, not sure if your H/U can do that. I think you will be disappointed in that amp as well. Might not be enough power for you.

 

F150:

Stock :(

 

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

 

Posted

thanks and it's a older pioneer unit but it has low mid and highs setting and it has another eq that adjusts stuff like 1k 3k and somethingelse oh and it's has a mode just for front and subwoofer operation.. and the front settings don't send any bass at all

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1053 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...