CortezDTV Posted January 25, 2015 Report Posted January 25, 2015 Every time you need to pull the subs your going to pull the back wall off??? Once u get batts and amps I in are you going to have to remove that and the rear wall to access the subs??? SCSB Santa Cruz Speaker Box Build logs: Daily Driver Lemon Marquis 2 american bass 750.1s 350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters Mystery subs http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/
db_speakerbox Posted January 25, 2015 Author Report Posted January 25, 2015 Every time you need to pull the subs your going to pull the back wall off??? Once u get batts and amps I in are you going to have to remove that and the rear wall to access the subs??? No they are flat mounted on the front side. The screws go thru the back side of the basket to the baffle. It would have been worlds easier not to invert mount but the cooling is better and if the subs got hot you would never smell them if the coils were inside the sealed.
immeno Posted January 25, 2015 Report Posted January 25, 2015 Sweet score at such a low frequency. I can dig it. Good work! 4 DSS Trident 15s2 Taramps 8ks7 Duracell Batteries totalLots o' wireLots o' 4th orderTeam Audiomatic and Team SLC SOUNDRIVE
CortezDTV Posted January 25, 2015 Report Posted January 25, 2015 Every time you need to pull the subs your going to pull the back wall off??? Once u get batts and amps I in are you going to have to remove that and the rear wall to access the subs???No they are flat mounted on the front side. The screws go thru the back side of the basket to the baffle. It would have been worlds easier not to invert mount but the cooling is better and if the subs got hot you would never smell them if the coils were inside the sealed.I was confused on the orientation of the the one picture seemed opposite SCSB Santa Cruz Speaker Box Build logs: Daily Driver Lemon Marquis 2 american bass 750.1s 350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters Mystery subs http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/
db_speakerbox Posted January 25, 2015 Author Report Posted January 25, 2015 Here is how she sits now. Since the paint wasn't cleared yet the floor has gotten grimy climbing in and out. Wiring hasn't been cut to length since the sp4s are temporary. Normally I would cut and tidy that up. Temporary port. Double layered and 3/4 round over on all sides. Got a little carried away and didn't think about how the pieces went together so they don't miter properly. Oh well I'll fix that. It is removeable to change up once all 3 go back in. All 3 pieces of the roof are up. They are kreg jig'd to each other and also bolted to the steel. Still need to pretty it up but it's solid as a rock. I can jump on the roof and nothing moves.
juan777 Posted January 25, 2015 Report Posted January 25, 2015 Dude you gotta get this ready by LST and come down to Conroe! The L@zy Hoe 2005 Chevy Tahoe 2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids 4 10 midrange 4 6.5 midwoofers 4 Tweeters 6 Supertweeters 2 Lithium 80AH Batteries 24K Watts 4 Custom 18s Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works The Build Log Like Loud Bass? Click Here! On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said: See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on. On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said: I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!
db_speakerbox Posted January 27, 2015 Author Report Posted January 27, 2015 Dude you gotta get this ready by LST and come down to Conroe! I appreciate you following the build. Not sure why more people don't comment on anything. Doesn't look like we will be down for LST. He said that is too far to drive. It's his truck, so I have no say. More progress. Got the side seal off started. Pretty simple, just cut small pieces and kreg'd to wall. They were pretty tight to begin with, had to tap them in with a hammer to get in place. Using duraglas to fill in seams and shape it. Then going to fiberglass over joining the b pillar to the seal to the wall. Should be pretty stout.
boom50cal Posted January 27, 2015 Report Posted January 27, 2015 How from from Lawton, OK are ya? Big show at the end of March... On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
db_speakerbox Posted January 27, 2015 Author Report Posted January 27, 2015 How from from Lawton, OK are ya? Big show at the end of March... 930 miles lol. I thought it was closer than that. About the only big shows close are slamology and world finals.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.