Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Silverado Box HELP!!!


Mike Rebman

Recommended Posts

Posted

Seat is not lifted, and I plan on modding the hook so the seat will fold forward. Just havent gotten that far yet.

The easiest way to do it is to trim the latch in the back that hooks onto the body. It'll let it lock in place with the seat in the correct position, but will also let you fold it up and down to get under the seat and behind it.

Link ---> http://www.silveradosierra.com/interior/nbs-rearseat-back-folddown-how-to-t11592.html

I'd do it less than an inch though to start because of your box. If i dont put my box in the right way it the seat of the seat doesn't want to sit correctly.

Posted

Seat is not lifted, and I plan on modding the hook so the seat will fold forward. Just havent gotten that far yet.

The easiest way to do it is to trim the latch in the back that hooks onto the body. It'll let it lock in place with the seat in the correct position, but will also let you fold it up and down to get under the seat and behind it.

Link ---> http://www.silveradosierra.com/interior/nbs-rearseat-back-folddown-how-to-t11592.html

I'd do it less than an inch though to start because of your box. If i dont put my box in the right way it the seat of the seat doesn't want to sit correctly.

Ive read that article and that is the one I will follow. I havent pulled my seat yet, Does anyone know how much room is really back there?

Posted

It depends on a number of factors.. I'll try and get some measurements for you right now though,

Average space is about a 3 1/4" i mounted a 3/4" board onto previous holes that were screwed into the back wall, so that i didn't have to keep putting holes into the wall i could just put them into the board and worse case scenario remove that and put another in. It also matters where you have the amps, if you mount them to low you risk eventually scratching them with the metal wire inside the seat on the back. To high and the seat wont fit back in.

Here's a pic for reference.

028_zps35de9e6f.jpg




			
		

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4784 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...