6 speakers on 4 channel amp

conbon

Okay:

Channel 1 and 2 each have a coax, (which is a woofer and a tweeter) PLUS another tweeter, right?

--So at woofer frequencies you'll be at 4 ohms for 60 watts to each of the two woofers.

--BUT at tweeter frequencies, since you have the coax 4 ohm tweeter AND the extra 4 ohm tweeter in parallel you'll be at 2 ohms. So 60 watts to the coax tweeter and 60 watts to the extra tweeter.

Static drops are my bag.

You bought extra tweeters to go with tweeters you already have.

But you want more mid bass...

so youre saying, get rid of the front door speakers and then buy mid range speakers. but the tweeters i have cant handle 120 watts so now what do i do

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE

Kicker CS61234

Kicker 40CS674

Kicker KST25

Sundown Audio SA-12 D2

Rockford Fosgate t1000-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate t400-4

Audio Control LC7i

Kinetik HC2000

0/1 Gauge

Big 3 Upgrade

Beer, babes, and bass.

so youre saying, get rid of the front door speakers and then buy mid range speakers. but the tweeters i have cant handle 120 watts so now what do i do

Never said that. Said EACH tweeter will see 60 watts--the one in the coax, and the separate one. 120 watts of power divided by two speakers is 60 each. If you lose one tweeter, you will end up back at 4 ohms and they'll still get only 60 watts.

If you want more power to the door speaker, yes, you will have to buy a pair of 2 ohm woofers for the doors. Just be sure they don't have tweeters attached to them if you want to run the tweeters you already own.

Static drops are my bag.

Never said that. Said EACH tweeter will see 60 watts--the one in the coax, and the separate one. 120 watts of power divided by two speakers is 60 each. If you lose one tweeter, you will end up back at 4 ohms and they'll still get only 60 watts.

If you want more power to the door speaker, yes, you will have to buy a pair of 2 ohm woofers for the doors. Just be sure they don't have tweeters attached to them if you want to run the tweeters you already own.

ive never done anything with component speakers. do they only produce bass or do they produce music also? what do midrange speakers do?

Kicker CS61234

Kicker 40CS674

Kicker KST25

Sundown Audio SA-12 D2

Rockford Fosgate t400-4

Audio Control LC7i

Kinetik HC2000

0/1 Gauge

Big 3 Upgrade

Beer, babes, and bass.

ive never done anything with component speakers. do they only produce bass or do they produce music also? what do midrange speakers do?

A component set will basically do what a coax will, but you can put the tweeter where you want it. Many times they have better crossovers and better drivers than their respective coax versions.

Static drops are my bag.

LOL you are fine run the coaixles in pairs on two front channel at 2 ohms and the tweeters on the rears make sure you cross over the tweets high enough and that the tweeters can handle the 60 rms

don/t know why with 25 years of experience jk13 couldnt tell you to do that

A component set will basically do what a coax will, but you can put the tweeter where you want it. Many times they have better crossovers and better drivers than their respective coax versions.

okay so they basically just dont produce the high frequency noises like a coaxial would do bc they have the tweets. these just do what a plain old speaker will do right? and how my car is set up (2013 Ford Focus SE Hatchback) it has a built in spot for the tweeters. so what you mean by "putting them where i want" means putting them there?

Kicker CS61234

Kicker 40CS674

Kicker KST25

Sundown Audio SA-12 D2

Rockford Fosgate t400-4

Audio Control LC7i

Kinetik HC2000

0/1 Gauge

Big 3 Upgrade

Beer, babes, and bass.

LOL you are fine run the coaixles in pairs on two front channel at 2 ohms and the tweeters on the rears make sure you cross over the tweets high enough and that the tweeters can handle the 60 rms

don/t know why with 25 years of experience jk13 couldnt tell you to do that

see thats exactly what ive been trying to say! haha i dont understand why i have to make it so more much complicated and do what hes saying. and yeah the tweeters are 75 watts rms. so to sum up what you and i are both saying just to be clear we are on the same page, the door speakers (coaxials) will be run at 2 ohms on the front channel so they will be getting 120 watts rms. then the tweeters on the rear channels at 4 ohms and they will be getting 60 watts rms? and then what does it mean to cross them over high?

Kicker CS61234

Kicker 40CS674

Kicker KST25

Sundown Audio SA-12 D2

Rockford Fosgate t400-4

Audio Control LC7i

Kinetik HC2000

0/1 Gauge

Big 3 Upgrade

Beer, babes, and bass.

what tweeters you have ? the crossover point.... they should have came with an inline crossover so forget what i said just put the rears on highpass and the highest freq it will go you should be fine

Archived