My little X99 build

First let me start out by explaining this.... I HATE THIS FUCKING CASE WITH A PASSION!! I bought it based on youtube reviews but let me tell you, it is a pain in the ass and it is way to cramped for a X99 / Crossfire build. The airflow tho is great (but dusty :( ) Ok on to the good stuff

Specs are as follows:

Silicon Lottery tested and binned i7 5820K @ 4.42GHz (1.275v) / 3.12GHz Ring Bus (.998v)
ADATA DDR4 16GB @ DDR2412 15/16/16/39 1t (Can go WAYYYY Faster but still testing for stability)

eVGA 1000G1 PSU

ASUS X99-A motherboard with their OC Socket

2 x 4gb PowerColor PCS+ R9 290's in Crossfire

2 x Intel 530 120gb SSD'd in RAID 0 (Hot swap bay installed)

1 Kingston V300 120gb SSD for STEAM Games only

CoolerMaster HAF XB case (Hate it)

LG Blu-Ray burner

Corsair H100i LCS

32" Sharp Aquos 1080p Monitor

Here are some quick pics for you to see. Next check im getting a different case and will go Full watercooling loop with all EK products again. I will say however that this H100i does a great job for cooling this huge ass die that the socket 2011v3 chips have.

0117151359a_zpsbfh6mzeg.jpg

0117151359_zpsdf04pwu2.jpg

0117151340_zps3zirxlyc.jpg

0116151251_zpslex34lrz.jpg

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

in the picture it looks like there is only 1 fan on the radiator, but t here is actually 3. 2 fans are front mounted behind the front case panel, and that 1 you see in the pic is for a push/pull setup but i couldnt fit a fan on the other side cause it will hit my gpu's :( so i have a 1/2 ass'd push/pull config going on :lol:

Nice! Looks good. I just returned my GTX 970 SSC's... Coil whine and bad SLI performance. I regret selling my R9 290X now.

Been thinking about returning my Z87 and i7 4790K and go with a i7 5820K and X99. Still not sure on my video card choices yet... I'm hearing lots of rumors of the new R9 300 series coming at the end of this month. Been hunting craigslist every few hours to see if I can score a good deal on a GPU to hold me over for a few weeks.

I actually just built a Z97 / 4790k PC last week, but sold the board/cpu/ram to get this. I got bored way to fast with that quad core ;) X99 is a whole different beast and i love this platform so far. I recommend you go x99 route as the upgrade path is great, and this platform will be here for a long time ;)

I have ZERO coil whine on these cards ZEROOOOO! but when the R300 gpus come out, ill sell these and buy 2 of those, so more or less ill only have these cards for prob 1-2 months.

Nice...although you REALLY shoulda bought one o these and tightened up this part using that part so you coulda had more wachamacallits and THEN you'd have far better performance when you instal the flux cap like so.....

1dbd_flux_capacitor_car_charger.gif

.........other than that it's not bad.

• pa-pa-platypus

• sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls

I actually just built a Z97 / 4790k PC last week, but sold the board/cpu/ram to get this. I got bored way to fast with that quad core ;) X99 is a whole different beast and i love this platform so far. I recommend you go x99 route as the upgrade path is great, and this platform will be here for a long time ;)

I have ZERO coil whine on these cards ZEROOOOO! but when the R300 gpus come out, ill sell these and buy 2 of those, so more or less ill only have these cards for prob 1-2 months.

Yeah, i'm very tempted. I've been sitting here boiling away at what I want to do and every time I come up with something... I run into problems affording something else. I ended up selling a bunch of things from other hobbies, including subwoofers. I have built up a 2K budget and I want to upgrade my monitor as well.

I sent my i7 3770K in for a RMA through Intel and might get a new one back... If that happens, I might just get used P8Z77-V Deluxe and call it a day for that end of things. It would clear up more money for a high end TV and new video cards.... It's not helping that I found a dude selling 40 R9 290's for a bargain if you buy in multiples. I've also found another guy selling 9 R9 290X's for $240 OBO a piece.

One thing I do know is... It sucks ass not having a gaming PC while you wait for new hardware to release.

Yeah, i'm very tempted. I've been sitting here boiling away at what I want to do and every time I come up with something... I run into problems affording something else. I ended up selling a bunch of things from other hobbies, including subwoofers. I have built up a 2K budget and I want to upgrade my monitor as well.

I sent my i7 3770K in for a RMA through Intel and might get a new one back... If that happens, I might just get used P8Z77-V Deluxe and call it a day for that end of things. It would clear up more money for a high end TV and new video cards.... It's not helping that I found a dude selling 40 R9 290's for a bargain if you buy in multiples. I've also found another guy selling 9 R9 290X's for $240 OBO a piece.

One thing I do know is... It sucks ass not having a gaming PC while you wait for new hardware to release.

If "said" dude has 40 R9's..... he must have been using them for mining bitcoin, etc... DO NOT BUY THEM! Stay clear of them, RUN!!!!! There are 2 main pieces of hardware that i would only buy new and the CPU / GPU are it.

Archived