Perks of going to COLLEGE.

damn, my incentive for going to school was my parents stopped supporting me. lol

this kid has it made.

looks nice so far, seems like you got your hands full with plenty of work to do!

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Infine!!!! (For those of you who are language challenged, that's Italian for At last! or Finally!) Holycrap, took me 2 hours to figure out how to remove the back end. The Jimmy was such a simpler design!!! lol.

Filthy as hell!

camdif002_zpsa3366528.jpg

After spraying her down with the pressure washer and scrubbing her with a wire brush.

camdif004_zpsc7067825.jpg

On Point! Half moon gear marking on the coast side, and within spec with the back lash.

After this pic was taken, I switched the (0.033 in. washers) to (0.028 in. washers) to give backlash of 0.007-5. GM spec is 0.006-0.012 in.

Rotational Yoke Torque is @ 13 in. pounds, and with the carrier and yoke, the rotational torque is 16 in. pounds. Right where it's supposed to be.

This was a real pain in the ass to keep switching washers for the best combo.

So far I have 3 hrs of disassembly and re-assembly into getting the specs right! Now to add the cover and let it sit for 24hrs before filling with gear oil and leak check!

camdif005_zpsc4a4e3ed.jpg

Later I will re-install the transaxle and add the new suspension components.

camdif003_zpsb1d1bc65.jpg

-Frank

looking good man. total re haul!

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

Well, today on the re-assembly. I noticed some scraps on the pass. rear caliper holder- inner aspect.

"That should not be". I looked at the clearance rotor to caliper holder.. Non existent!!

Look for yourself. The rotor is hitting the holder. There should be at least 1/4" or 6mm spacing inbetween holder and rotor.

18de5bd1-9daf-48fa-88d3-4cc074b1eef7_zps

Now the normal driver's side. rear rotor clearance. See the difference.

c842824e-c584-4d33-a820-48da426a441e_zps

So I removed the rotors and measured the depth of each. All with in spec. Next the axle shafts themselves!

Driver's side wheel flange.

IMAG0683_zpsa0bde512.jpg

Now the passenger's side wheel flange.

I removed all of the grit and grim this to reveal this ledge. Note the different shape when comparing the driver's. side flange.

There's a reason for that! It's supposed to have an ASR wheel speed sensor ring attached.

The speed sensor is for the ASR (traction control) equiped V8 models. Z28 & Trans Am. lol. This one was removed to make it work....sort of.

IMAG0687_zps49dfb42c.jpg

A pic of the ASR ring. Note the blue paint on the stubs from the factory. I have the same paint on my studs! S.O.B.!!!

2f18657e-79f3-4e25-a8f2-2d34c636024f_zps

I went a head and ordered a replacement axle from Cape Coral,FL. Should be here soon. So I will have to work the next 3 days to make my weekly quota of work.

Than back to building this thing. I know you guys want to see the build, soon I promise!

-Frank

best part of college

4eeadf7518613358b1003bba.png?w=651&h=481

also....

At ASU there is the festive community like atmosphere with sports that provides a solid peer support system

Football.jpg

If you like running, the track meets are fun to watch and take part in! You can really stay in shape while shaping your mind!!
If you dont like running they have javelin throw

122110-004.jpg

Also most colleges have huge libraries that you can use for free, but sometimes they get crowded. But hey it is worth it

hs-girl-library-shad.jpg

So the build continues.

I ran into A LITTLE PROBLEM with the right axle shaft, I could not remove it from the pumpkin. Guess I tap'ed in the C-clip with alittle to tight a'clearance so when I went to push in the shaft to remove the clip, I did not have enough room. We're talking 0.009 inches is what I didn't have. :D

So I had to run to Harbor Freight and get a 7" angle grinder and cut the flange off the axle to push it in that 0.009 inches!! Took 5 min!

This whole axle shaft mishap set me back $150.00!

IMAG0703_zpse6a623ca.jpg

So next...the drive shaft. I happen to be close to LKQ and said "What the hell, I'll try not to get too dirty"....... I looked at the 99 Camaro I took some parts from wks ago......OMG a 1 Pc. shaft! $20.00!

Yeah,it's not aluminum, but who cares, I can always get it down the road. Now I can put the car back down and roll her out of the garage!

IMAG0730_zps9c60185a.jpg

The slip yokes were different, but like the internet said....it's a straight swap.

IMAG0729_zps3201ffbf.jpg

At 165,000 I went ahead and changed out the U-joints.

I love when things slip through the cracks at the QUALITY CONTROL STATION!

Note the missing ridge for the c-clip to slide into. Didn't realize it til I broke the cap on the other side, as I pressed/pressed/pressed this cap in.... "waiting to see the c-clip notch". lol.

IMAG0732_zps26d6bc35.jpg

The car is back on the ground, and turned around to start on the enclosure.....what some of you have been waiting for. lol.

-Frank

Well, the gf and I both have a cold so this "quick simple enclosure" will bemoving at a turtles pace due to cold medicine!

Here we have Birch remnants of my prior 2 builds! THANK GOD, Just saved myself about $70.00.

As stated, this complete build is all out of pocket. No money is going into savings. Grrrrr. I need to finish this build! lol.

IMAG0757_zps812e5af7.jpg

IMAG0756_zps771b07cf.jpg

After alot of thinking, I want to do built similar to the You tube video I posted. So here's the diagram.

IMAG0760_zps5701f36c.jpg

Let the cutting begin!

IMAG0761_zps837d4847.jpg

Ok, so I', alittle A.R. with trying to avoid the 1/16" difference~variances so I measured 10 times and cut once!

39" EXACTLY!

IMAG0762_zps3198bde9.jpg

Last 2 cuts and I can start nailing.

IMAG0765_zpsbefaa509.jpg

Ok, so although the ID's were not super loud in sealed form, I was able to find the spec sheet on Ebay. Thanks Ebay seller for posting the sheet, I could not find it

anywhere......including called ID themselves! As you can see, the ported yields 4 db more output. I hope it sounds better and louder!

c5ba7c88-8f81-4b90-a622-63c196ec0fd8_zps

-Frank

Archived