Perks of going to COLLEGE.

Miguel, I hear what you're saying. I come from a blue collar family, my old man never went to college and same thing, he had regrets about it.

Last night, Lisa asked him if he received his 1st pay check "Yeah $300-something for 30 something hours".

I just chuckled and said "You know I make more than that in 1 shift,.....school Christian, you have to go to school".

I know that made him mad, but I think I will let it go. He is distancing himself from me a bit.

He is about to buy some Dodge motor for his truck. I just hope he does not buy a lemon of a motor.

Shit I'll fund his truck rebuild "if"......well you get the drift. lol.

I'm going to love driving this car around town. That's the nice thing about school, I now have 3 cars. If I were to sell all 3, the Jimmy, the Camaro, and the Bimmer, I can get a nice down payment on a convertible vette.......you know.....since I'm in my 40's. hahahaha.

-Frank

Most kids his age even the ones that went to or are going to college don't have jobs that pay $30+ an hour.

Now on the other hand I have a couple friends in their mid 20's that clear six figures and neither one went to college so it go's both ways man.

My mom is college educated (graudated top of her class with over a 4.0 gpa) has worked a government job for almost 40 years and makes $40 an hour.

Also insulting him and telling him how much more you make than him and portraying yourself as superior is not going to help you get him to do you what you want him too, it will however make him resent you and do nothing you say.

You catch more Flys with honey than you do with vinegar.

Find out what he's interested in and push him to maybe go to tech school instead of college this country has a severe shortage of skilled workers and he could make more than you think in a blue collar job.

Maybe you should make a new thread just for the build, I really like the way it's heading and this thread is jacked.

Keep up the good work.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Broke, thanks for following the thread. This thread varies with both comments and the build. Whether it needs to be separated, it's debatable. I'm not here to throw drama out there and see where it goes. I just want to say what's on my mind. This build is fun, but brings on headaches. lol.

A few things I will say about young men based on what I learned in my psych classes.....are, in the general population (meaning one life experience you may know if that contradicts this fact, does not negate this finding as not true):

1. Young men WILL NOT commit to anything, it's their nature to ALWAYS add "Only if". They are the kings of "Only if", but I am "only if'fing him", that's what he does not like. lol. Seriously, listen to a 16-23 your old talk, listen closely as you bring up options, there will be "stipulations" attached to their decisions....that allows the young man to "back out of the deal". They do not take the good with the bad, the stipulation detaches them from consequences that may occur from "their decision". They talk the talk, but can't walk the walk. It's quite comical actually. Girls in contrast will make a decision and face the consequences good or bad..."and learn from it". Young man that are successful, develop a plan, take that risk, face the consequences good or bad. The ones that back out, fail to develop a plan for life......so they are the ones that wind up blaming others for their failures.

2. Young men in general psychologically- their functional decision making abilities are at a level -4 yrs "younger than their chronological age". So a 20 yr will make a 16 yr old decision- which is based on impulse more than rationalizing and thinking it through. Girls in contrast are 2 yrs older than their age and make better decisions- in general. Google it, I am not making this up. Which is why there are more girls in college than boys. Again google it. Not making this up.

Knowing these 2 facts, when dealing with him, I will repeat his own words in own conversations, than point out how his decisions are impulsive and not planned out well. Structuring a plan causes him frustration in his voice. I can only assume he thinks his dreams is unattainable.

His failures of why he didn't accomplish a task were because "so and so didn't do this, and because of that I couldn't do this" blah,blah,blah. It's put off on others, he takes no blame for his actions. Look at finding #1. lol. This young man needs guidance. lol.

Bottom line Broke, he reminds me of me, yeah, I had the same poor decisions. The only difference......I sat own at 19 yrs old, I saw my father with a GED get nowhere in life, unfortunately......so I made "a decision to make a life plan".

Christian will do neither. lol. He will not go to tech school either. Breaking the $20.00 barrier takes schooling. Period.

-Frank

Breaking $20 an hour does not take schooling.

Seems as though you are just as stubborn as him.

as far as the psychobabble goes you seem like someone who is an overbearing control freak and if everything doesn't go exactly as you want it's a problem.

it is also evident that you are incapable of opening your mind to others opinions just in this thread you've made it very apparent that you are always right and everyone else is wrong.

I'm assuming this is how you are with the kids as well, the only thing this will do is destroy their self worth, if you tell someone smart they are dumb long enough they will start to believe it.

what you should be doing is encouraging them to make their own paths in life whether you agree with that path or not without being an overbearing control freak.

I really think if you keep it up you're just going to push him farther and farther away and potentially ruin your relationship with his mother.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Frank, I think you are coming from a good place and trying to help this kid, but some stuff you're saying doesn't sit right with me. I agree college is a good thing in most cases, but trade school can also be a good choice. One of my co workers is working on his underwater hard hat welder verification and he's going to be making way more than $20 an hour out the gate. The other thing is young men can achieve and set goals. A lot of the people going through bud-s are in their early 20s. Those men are stronger minded and more mature by the end than many college graduates. But...... You're the one putting money and time into this project, so who are we to critique you. You're the one providing a car so you get to set the demands. Hope to see you at a show sometime man

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Hahaha, it's ok guys. No hard feelings on other points of view.

Tecomah, I have offered trade school. I even offered investing in a van, and equipment to do mobile A/C if he went to A/C repair school. Look at rule #1, young men do not want to commit. he won't commit to his part,

~~getting up early

~~having to come home early to go to school the next day, that's not his thing.

Sleeping til 12 on his days off, not to mention when he had a lapse in employment. Not a bad kid at all, just needs a good kick in the pants to get him motivated.

The other day, a co-worker did mention the underwater welding, something about her step son wanting to do that. I told her this story, and she commented that "he (her step son, 21 yr old) thinks he's mackin' with a $16/hr job 'who needs college' ". We both laughed. We were young too you know. hahaha.

All you young guys who read this.......Trust me when I tell you, if you don't get your butt in gear, there's a shift that happens at about 26-27 yrs old to women. Women go from the "cool/loads of fun party/ clubbin'/buff guy" to wanting someone who is " maybe alittle bit dorky/nerdy/ smart guy,....because it means he MAYBE more financially secure". And if Christian doesn't have his shit together, he will be in for a rude awaking! Believe me, the X-ray girls at work, they are smoking hot! They are in their middle to late 20's and have a set standard of who they will date. For me, through out my 30's, I was asked several times by my date "Do you have a 401K?" or "Where do you see yourself in 10 yrs". At first, I was like "WTH??", but thinking about it again, they were asking to see if they wanted to invest their time "in me". In hind site, it makes sense.

Some guys may read this and say "well than F**k them bitches".....no..this is life. Selling yourself short will only hurt you in the future, not necessarily now. Just think of what you are saying "yes and no" to in life. lol.

And Aculous, I took Intro to Psych, General Psych, Growth and Development Psych, Child Development.....there's a 4th one, but crap that was 20 yrs ago. I never thought I would use some of what I learned, but it's cool that I can apply it. And as you get older......"It all makes sense" and you can laugh and say "crap I read about this".

-Frank

Now this dude knows women too.

Bro I cant tell you how many mid 30's ealry 40's chick's are out at the club looking for that young dude to give then a good night while their husbands are at home in bed so you guys go ahead and keep paying for them while some broke dude is giving to her in a an alley behind the bar.

frank quite simply you think you know all but you're really a fucking idiot.

Just a quick update on the system,

I ripped out the box, and had a remnant baffle from the Jimmy build. I kept it because I used 5/16 threaded inserts and was too lazy to knock them out, so I kept it. lol.

I was thinking about redoing, the box, losing the storage space. The amp will sit there behind the seat to get the proper air it needs, and I will still be using the 2 ID's.

Now with the sub and port, NOT reflecting off the back window, will the bass be the same. The box I built sounded great reflecting off the glass. This subs will now be facing the cabin directly.

IMAG0826_zpsc0aba884.jpg

What do you guys think? I want to build the box tomorrow am.

-Frank

Now this dude knows women too.

Bro I cant tell you how many mid 30's ealry 40's chick's are out at the club looking for that young dude to give then a good night while their husbands are at home in bed so you guys go ahead and keep paying for them while some broke dude is giving to her in a an alley behind the bar.

frank quite simply you think you know all but you're really a fucking idiot.

Hey, you're the one interested in arguing with me. lol. Broke, how do I add ^ this to my ~whatever you call the bottom of the thread like you have.

-Frank

Archived