Sundown Audio

Crescendo BC2000D.1 blowing fuse

disprovable

So i recently bought a crescendo 2k off of the crescendo store, and when it came in and i tried to hook it up, a my cars fusible link blew. I later learned my amp turn on wire behind my headunit wasnt connected, and possibly could have touched metal. Not sure if that could have caused the fuse to burn out like stated, but im not sure what else could have. I have been scared to hook up the amp since then, due to the fusible link costing $50 from the dealership. Any suggestions as to why when the amp is hooked up and negative post on battery is reconnected that fuse blew?

Also here a picture of my amplifier, probably a stupid question, but was curious where my remote turn on is? I see where it says REM but theres no input. Also, is it normal for the wording to be off on these amps? ie; the + + - - being off, and GND REM and 12V? Thank you.

image_zpsf7f856bb.jpg

why is the amp fused to the factory link? you need to run a different fuse

The power wire is fused with a 300 amp fuse. My cars positive terminal has a set of 4 fuses on it as well called a fusible link. It wasnt fused using this.

Well, i hooked it up how it looked, ground where the 12v is supposed to go i guess, and power where the ground should have gone >.< Had the remote wire hooked up on the far right speaker input. Could this be a cause for the short? Hahaha

why is the amp fused to the factory link? you need to run a different fuse

The power wire is fused with a 300 amp fuse. My cars positive terminal has a set of 4 fuses on it as well called a fusible link. It wasnt fused using this.

Well, i hooked it up how it looked, ground where the 12v is supposed to go i guess, and power where the ground should have gone >.< Had the remote wire hooked up on the far right speaker input. Could this be a cause for the short? Hahaha

i wonder if you fried it. if u didn't u can be thankful that the fuse was there to save the day lol

Archived