Second Skin Audio

AMERICAN BASS DX154 4th order box

bassaddiction

looks good thanks again. if the sub woffer doesnt fit could i just add a ring to space it out or would fuck up the volume. or and 3/4 to sealed side and make it 2x baffle panel

because the sub is 7 3/4 monting

On American Bass's website they let the depth as 180mm = 7-1/16", there should be 7-9/16" from the top of the baffle to the port panel so you should be good.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

looks good thanks again. if the sub woffer doesnt fit could i just add a ring to space it out or would fuck up the volume. or and 3/4 to sealed side and make it 2x baffle panel

because the sub is 7 3/4 monting

On American Bass's website they let the depth as 180mm = 7-1/16", there should be 7-9/16" from the top of the baffle to the port panel so you should be good.

dam your good lol

dam your good lol

Lol, thanks!

If for some reason the subs didn't fit, you could make a double baffle like you said, you would just have to make the enclosure that much longer to account for the space the baffle takes up. So if you added a 1/2" double baffle you would make the overall enclosure 1/2" longer to keep the internal volumes the same as much as possible. I also would not make the additional baffle any thicker than it needs to be, it will still throw off the internal volumes a bit and we want to minimize that.

As long as all the specs are right this should never be an issue anyway, so lets hope for that.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

Wow, that was fast!! Looks good, you got 45s in the corners of the ports and everything.

Have to let me know how it sounds when you get your sub in.

Builds:

Wow, that was fast!! Looks good, you got 45s in the corners of the ports and everything.

Have to let me know how it sounds when you get your sub in.

ok the sub didnt fit so i made a ring

theres only one iusse it doesnt play over 35 hz lol

20 to 30 is really loud but 35 to 40 the subwoofer sounds like its in free air

First thing, are you sure there are no leaks in the box? Those will kill output. The next thing is I would try moving it around your room. Just a few feet can make a huge difference. If that doesn't help we can explore other options.

Builds:

First thing, are you sure there are no leaks in the box? Those will kill output. The next thing is I would try moving it around your room. Just a few feet can make a huge difference. If that doesn't help we can explore other options.

theres no leaks

i tried moving it around and oping and closing the door

it was still the same

i also checked the wiring, i switch + and - to make sure

Archived