scooter99 Posted January 23, 2015 Author Report Posted January 23, 2015 Yeah I never went far in math so that is way beyond me. I don't understand any of that. LOL Roadblock. Time to interwebz!! Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Kyblack76 Posted January 23, 2015 Report Posted January 23, 2015 Yeah I never went far in math so that is way beyond me. I don't understand any of that. LOL Roadblock. Time to interwebz!! I get lost all the time also...... So far, ive just "got lucky" my shit sounds ok.... then again, i dont get loud... soooooo.. meh...... we need a real enclosure guy in here.. ill send Justin and Hunter this link SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
CleanSierra Posted January 23, 2015 Report Posted January 23, 2015 Oh haiiiii, what's up? Come here often? I'll crunch some numeros. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
CleanSierra Posted January 23, 2015 Report Posted January 23, 2015 Scott, in your final post, yes, you're getting it dude. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Kyblack76 Posted January 23, 2015 Report Posted January 23, 2015 Oh haiiiii, what's up? Come here often? I'll crunch some numeros. Thanks for the HOUSE CALL mate.. wanna make out? SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
CleanSierra Posted January 23, 2015 Report Posted January 23, 2015 Oh haiiiii, what's up? Come here often? I'll crunch some numeros.Thanks for the HOUSE CALL mate.. wanna make out? I'm always down to make out, as long as you run your banana fingers through my hair. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
scooter99 Posted January 23, 2015 Author Report Posted January 23, 2015 Scott, in your final post, yes, you're getting it dude. WOOT!!! So here's what I'm looking at I'll just throw it out there whatever. I'm looking at 16 Level 3 10's, YES I said it, 16! I was thinking, after reading a couple of articles (Mainly this one) that I'd go to a 1:2.5 ratio. Doing that based off of the .65 ft^3 sealed recommendation, I get a 1.625 ft^3 for the ported per sub. So that puts me at 10.4 ft^3 sealed and 26 ft^3 ported. Take into account the sub displacement because they're going to be inverted (.15 x 16 = 2.4ft^3) that puts me at 28.4 ft^3. So I put it around 30 cubes ported, to account for port displacement and bracing. So here are my projections and calculations including the post above. All inner deminsions Sealed: 59" D x 44" W x 7" T = 10.52 ft^3 45* corners and using galvanized pipes for bracing - .12 ft^3 Final Sealed = 10.4 ft^3 (on the button!!) Ported: 59" D x 44" W x 20" T = 30.04 ft^3 Sub Displacement (.15 ft^3 x 16 =) 2.4 ft^3 45* Corners, galvanized pipes for bracing = .70 ft^3 Sub Final Ported = 26.94 ft^3 Port Inner Dimensions: 27" W x 13.5" T x 8.68" D Port Outer Dimensions: 30" W x 16.5" T x 8.68" D Total Displacement: 2.49 ft^3 = .29 ft^3 per inch External Port: 7" (including the exterior enclosure wall 3" thick) Internal Port Displacement: (2.49-2.03=) .46 ft^3 Final Ported = (26.94 - .46 =) 26.48 ft^3 I know lots of numbers. Sorry, I just wanted to get it all out there. So 10.4 sealed, 26.48 ported, 14 in^2 port area per ft, 364.5 in^2 port area tuned to 42 hz if I did it right. I'll happily hear what you have to say. So there it is. Plan is 16 DC Level 3 10's, on 4 Crescendo 3500.1's at 1 ohm load each (may wire lower to .5) in a blow through. If we can get this dialed in that is. LOL Thanks for your help so far everyone. Kyle, you can put this in the MLK thread if you want, and hopefully it'll come to fruition! Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
CleanSierra Posted January 23, 2015 Report Posted January 23, 2015 Yayyyyy, MLK thread!!!! On the real, dude this excites me. I love your work as attention to EVERY detail so I can't wait. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
islandpride684 Posted January 23, 2015 Report Posted January 23, 2015 That's the worst part...hate formulas...that's mainly if you want all your calculations to be exact down to the T...but forget all that noise...I'll stick to the calculators...designing one for my daily...4 12s in a fourth, 2:1, cramming it in a corolla....good luck on your build brotha... Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
Kyblack76 Posted January 23, 2015 Report Posted January 23, 2015 Oh haiiiii, what's up? Come here often? I'll crunch some numeros.Thanks for the HOUSE CALL mate.. wanna make out? I'm always down to make out, as long as you run your banana fingers through my hair. easy on the banana hands.... not to mention.. my hand to my 2" cock ratio... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.