a comparison ???

Saltine

alright, i have trillions of ideas running through my head and needed some help

how does a 12" or 15" or 18" btl compare to a jl 13.5" w7 

im only asking this b/c i only heard 1 18" btl at a bass comp, it wasnt really loud like when you play a music cd,  im guessing box size/ port and amp power come into play

this is the truck

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/FiC...dio/btl18.2.wmv

sounds better in that video but it wasnt hitting like that at the show.

anyway this high school kid come up with his daddy built truck and system: 3 w7's and 2 jl 1000.1 amps ported box same kind of truck

it was knockin pretty good, actually impressed me a bit.

im in no way thinking of getting a w7 just b/c of the high price alone.

what would you say would compare to it.

im not going jl, i just want to know what will compare to that setup knock harder/louder of course. 

like i said that one dude had the 1 18" btl but it wasnt doing much. could also be the install too. but them w7's were knockin.

just want to know what size and amount will keep up with that

what kind of car do you have?

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

alot of factors could be to blame... anyway what power do you have and how much space do you have. You will probably be better off with a smaller cone bc an 18 for a dd setup is usually unreal unless you have some serious power

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Guest Brett32324

u said one W7 13.5 or 2. because two will blow a lot of systems out of the water fer sure they BANG. u need the amps to push it tho. and like everyone else said they coast a grip but just find sum on the street i coulda got a 12w7 for 250$ in a box. or ebay. i recomend w7's.

u said one W7 13.5 or 2. because two will blow a lot of systems out of the water fer sure they BANG. u need the amps to push it tho. and like everyone else said they coast a grip but just find sum on the street i coulda got a 12w7 for 250$ in a box. or ebay. i recomend w7's.

yea but u said u get ur shit stolen. so that aint right and not many people will respect you here especially with you bragging about it. its wrong, its pathetic.
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Archived