Front stage: am I doing it right?

akaak

It is not that could could not wire it, it would technically work, it is the fact you are losing all of your musical control. For starters, you would probably have a get a nice crossover just to make sure the 8s, the 6.5s, the pro tweets, and the wave guides all get the appropriate frequencies since they all need to be crossed over at different points. Also, you would lose ALL of your fading abilities. So you could never time align, or even simply switch your music front playing in the back to the front or side to side. That is all diminished if you only use one amp. It makes things a lot simpler if you choose an amp for the mids (8s/6.5s) and a another one for the highs (tweets).

If you insist on running one single amp you could get a six channel amp. I know gckless is selling a badass one called the Zed Leviathan that does 150wrs x 6 at 4ohm AND it has a sick built in crossover. You could run two channels with tweets, two channels with 6.5s, and two channels with 8s. That would a much better of an option.

It's the different types of speakers that are the problem , you wouldn't want 6.5's and 8's on the same channel or the two different types of tweeters on the same channel.

For what you want to do you would need 8 channels of amplification.

I think a six channel amp would be fine as I think he should pick between either the pro audio tweets or the wave guides. I do not think both are necessary.

I don't think they are either but people want what they want and if he's going to do it he might as well do it right.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I don't think they are either but people want what they want and if he's going to do it he might as well do it right.

True. I was just trying to simply it to one amp. A six channel is pretty much the max. Otherwise, two amps is inevitable.

I see what you guys are saying. the only reason why I would even want 6.5s and 8s is because I think they would be aesthetically pleasing but I think I'll go with just 8s. Right now I have 4 soundqubed 6.5s. 2 on each channel and 2 tweeters that get their own channels. The 2 tweeters have been blown for so long so all I really have is 4 6.5s receiving almost 100 rms each. They get real loud for just 4 speakers. I almost feel like 2 of the channels are just wasted. I could just get rid of the 2 tweeters and put 2 6.5s more on each channel. Then I would have twice my output, how necessary are tweeters though? I would love to just get 8 8s and call it a day but then the range is shot.

personally, this all seems way overboard for a pair of 15s. Personally that is...

I would use the 4 6.5s (2 in each door) and a good pair (or 2 pairs) of tweets on your current 4 channel amp

if it was me.

But that is just my personal opinion, doesn't mean that's what you would like

It will probably help you to keep it simpler though.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

personally, this all seems way overboard for a pair of 15s. Personally that is...

I would use the 4 6.5s (2 in each door) and a good pair (or 2 pairs) of tweets on your current 4 channel amp

if it was me.

But that is just my personal opinion, doesn't mean that's what you would like

It will probably help you to keep it simpler though.

:hi:

Ya I think I'm just going to put 2 tweeters per front channel and 4 8s per rear channel. It would be easier to wire. And would make tuning significantly easier. I just feel like the 2 channels driving the tweeters are "wasted" cuz that's a total of 400+ watts that I could be using for soMe thing I'd get more out of. I don't know.

So use the 4 channel for the mids and get a small 2 channel for the super tweets.

Super tweets don't need very much power to be loud.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived