Met Posted January 25, 2015 Report Posted January 25, 2015 I've spent a few days messing around with various calculators and I can't seem to come up with something to fit these subs correctly in a 2014 Acura MDX. The subs are Level 3 DC 15's running on a 2k. I'm aiming for 6cu @ 34 hz. All faces are going to be a really tight fit besides the top facing the roof and the lower rear face. I'm trying to avoid having the port(s) too crammed. I've been set on using Aero ports, as I wouldn't need as much port area. I think rear firing ports on the lower portion of the box would be the only way, subs firing up. It's a pretty tight fit, maximum dimensions are: 40"w X 30"d X 16"h - each dimension may have an inch to work with if needed, I would need to double check though. Any help would be amazing!
immeno Posted January 25, 2015 Report Posted January 25, 2015 That's a little on the smaller side for 2 15s. I would shoot more towards 6.5-7cu ft net( giving each 15 about 3.2-3.5 per would be better) I'm no expert, but i had a box that was 35w, 26 deep, and 20 tall, Tuned at 31hz for 2 Obsidian Audio 15s and it slammed 25-48. 4 DSS Trident 15s2 Taramps 8ks7 Duracell Batteries totalLots o' wireLots o' 4th orderTeam Audiomatic and Team SLC SOUNDRIVE
Met Posted January 25, 2015 Author Report Posted January 25, 2015 That's a little on the smaller side for 2 15s. I would shoot more towards 6.5-7cu ft net( giving each 15 about 3.2-3.5 per would be better) I'm no expert, but i had a box that was 35w, 26 deep, and 20 tall, Tuned at 31hz for 2 Obsidian Audio 15s and it slammed 25-48. Well, I picked these subs specifically because they do well with less airspace I believe. DC recommends 3cuft(net) each as well. I really hope they work out though, as they're sitting next to me!
immeno Posted January 25, 2015 Report Posted January 25, 2015 If you have a Facebook, check out my good friend Hunter Martin. ill include a link to his page, he makes GREAT designs with full cut sheets for a VERY reasonable price. Good luck with your build my friend https://www.facebook.com/Raftor190?fref=ts&ref=br_tf 4 DSS Trident 15s2 Taramps 8ks7 Duracell Batteries totalLots o' wireLots o' 4th orderTeam Audiomatic and Team SLC SOUNDRIVE
Joe X Posted January 25, 2015 Report Posted January 25, 2015 Here is a suggestion, power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4 1/2", figure is just an assembly guide:
Met Posted January 25, 2015 Author Report Posted January 25, 2015 Here is a suggestion, power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4 1/2", figure is just an assembly guide: You're awesome my friend! Let me double check to make sure that will fit and I will let you know how it goes! Thanks again.
Met Posted January 29, 2015 Author Report Posted January 29, 2015 So I had my buddy measure, and I think it may be a little too tight. Sorry to bother, but could you change the design a little?! I measured 27.5 deep, leaving a little more than 4 1/2 inches. It also needs to stay under or at 16 inches high I believe. 40 inches wide may work, but 39 would be perfect. 41 may have the top of the box hit the back sides of the trunk area or whatever you call that on a small SUV haha. It curves in sharp. I'm pretty limited on tools at the moment, so I'd rather use a couple 4" or 6" PP aero ports. .125" thick, 17 inches (net, after -flange area. 18 inches total). I believe aero ports need less port area, so I'm hoping the dimensions can be trimmed while keeping tuning/airspace. I've been using Torres calc, but I can't get it right! What do you think? Thanks again man!
Joe X Posted January 29, 2015 Report Posted January 29, 2015 Here is a round port based suggestion, power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4", figure is just an assembly guide:
srool Posted January 29, 2015 Report Posted January 29, 2015 Joe X- if you power a subwoofer with more than rated power, what should I do with the port area ?
will77530 Posted January 29, 2015 Report Posted January 29, 2015 if you over power a sub you must shrink the enclosure port are per cubic ft can remain the same
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.