Need some install options/advice

SQL50

I have a 95 Jeep Cherokee, and I'm looking to upgrade my front stage. I want the most bandwidth possible, stronger mid bass response. I'm not huge on fabrication, there's some things that I can do to manipulate but I'm a pro by no means. The factory locations are 5.25." I've considered running some q form kick panels in either 5.25" or 6.5", maximum tweeter size is 2." I've thought about a pro audio 6.5 in the kick, tweet in the kick, and 5.25 mid range in the door. Or a 6.5 mid range in the kick, tweet in the kick, and cut out the opening in the door to fit a 6.5 pro audio. Or just running a mid and a tweet in the kick and leave the door blank. So many scenarios. If I'm a noob, then this is the area where I struggle the most, because I really don't know what to do at this point. I'd hate to buy a nice equipment setup and have it in the wrong install.

What did you run before?

I mean if you want to run a 3 way setup with kick speaker, door speaker, and a pillar tweet, that would be the best, but that type of setup is a lot more complex as far as tuning/xover is concerned.

For low modification, I would try a decent component set. The woofer in the door and the tweeter in the factory dash/pillar. You could bi amp it if you really wanted to.

Alright I'll try that, is there a way to increase mid bass response in the door? Mid bass is extremely poor as it is right now. I have some deadening around the speakers on the outside but that's all I've done to it so far.

Haven't watched em yet because im on my phone.. But basically you have to have a sealed environment for them to perform correctly? Like all of em I've seen never talk about sealing em off, (manufacturers) just letting em free air.

Geez ... So many suggestions and not one post asking to look at the vehicle in question to see what you are making suggestions to ...

Any pics of your ride ??? Namely dash, doors, kick, and a-pillar area ???

Sounds like you will have alot of cancellation with what you are asking ...

Where are your stock locations ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived