01 Silverado 4 10's in progress

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a break in the weather! I started laying the resin down. Keep in mind I am not a professional at this. This box makes the 3rd box I have ever used fiberglass on. I'm sure there are mistakes that can be pointed out somewhere. Hey, it's my box and so far I like my progress.

28dbab0bcfbf9bbb669d5ef906688235.png

c1c2a08ff8eb148a021998dc34b4969a.png

ed49b80b0ebc4b0d94c83d1e8213ddb7.png

c0921fd751c6a0a95e65174d9ca591dd.png

I'll let this set up, It will be a few days before i get back at it. It is supposed to be even warmer than today on sunday. I am hoping so and I will work on the top of the box and start taking measurements on my speaker grill covers. I think I have a nice idea worked out on how to protect them from my kids feet!

I got 2nd layer on, waiting on it to harden up.

30c7dd4eba19e69e25a8191fc62d20dc.jpg

b7d02922aef6a565f376b2e22d105ece.png

This should be the last layer of glass for the bottom, I put this coat on heavy. I will let it cure for a while before I get to putting the top on and glassing it's curve in. Hopefully I'll have the main portion of the box done this weekend and maybe get onto the amp rack and or speaker grills.

Alright people. I am considering getting a new headunit with this build. My 01 has a 1.5din opening and I am currently running a SD unit. I am considering a DD unit. I have seen videos where you can get a radio pocket and dash bezel from an 03 and up and convert it to a DD unit but still have to modify the dash at that point for the ash tray. Should I just get a flip screen of go dd all the way? Any suggestions?

Alright people. I am considering getting a new headunit with this build. My 01 has a 1.5din opening and I am currently running a SD unit. I am considering a DD unit. I have seen videos where you can get a radio pocket and dash bezel from an 03 and up and convert it to a DD unit but still have to modify the dash at that point for the ash tray. Should I just get a flip screen of go dd all the way? Any suggestions?

Metra just came out with a dash kit at CES...

Metra just came out with a dash kit at CES...

Nice find, too bad its 200 bucks a pop...

Archived