reedal Posted July 17, 2015 Report Posted July 17, 2015 Even if it was out of calibration it's still better than most people thinking they can just use their ears or a DMM. But there's a lot of other variables too. It was originally a sealed enclosure correct? You cut a port into it? That could have made it tuned higher than you intended and possibly have been playing music below the tuning causing over excursion. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Mike Rebman Posted July 17, 2015 Author Report Posted July 17, 2015 I never ported it, its a seal enclosure, after the first sub died I simply unhooked 2 subs and left them to cover the holes. more like a passive radiator.
reedal Posted July 18, 2015 Report Posted July 18, 2015 Oh ok. That's good then. Well I'm not seeing any issues with the setup causing them to fail, maybe someone else with more knowledge than myself might have an idea. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Mike Rebman Posted July 18, 2015 Author Report Posted July 18, 2015 I have a line on a rebuilt jl 12w7 i might get, Ive already held it up to the seat similar to how these subs fit and I think I can squeeze it in there. But this would be a total box rebuild.
Mike Rebman Posted December 14, 2015 Author Report Posted December 14, 2015 Waiting for the first of the year. Rebuild is coming.
Mike Rebman Posted February 10, 2016 Author Report Posted February 10, 2016 Things are about to change.
Ron36 Posted February 11, 2016 Report Posted February 11, 2016 Can't wait to see your build love seeing trucks with no space make bass its not easy 2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4 LC2 for audio control , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery
Mike Rebman Posted February 11, 2016 Author Report Posted February 11, 2016 It wont be right away. I am getting parts together and I think this time I am going to wait for a little warmer weather.
Ron36 Posted February 11, 2016 Report Posted February 11, 2016 I understand I'm in Wisconsin so got to wait a little bit to add another 10 in my truck 2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4 LC2 for audio control , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.