Jeff4661 Posted March 11, 2015 Author Report Posted March 11, 2015 Coming along nicely man. Good job on the terminals and nice amps. Still hoping I see you at a show this summer so I can get a demo. Are u going to slamology? If not u said something about a show in August? Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted March 11, 2015 Report Posted March 11, 2015 I'm trying my damnedest to make it too slamology but I'm not sure if I can make it yet. And yeah there is usually a show at Gibraltar in Mount Clemens every august, I'll look and see if the date is listed for this year real quick. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Jeff4661 Posted March 11, 2015 Author Report Posted March 11, 2015 I'm trying my damnedest to make it too slamology but I'm not sure if I can make it yet. And yeah there is usually a show at Gibraltar in Mount Clemens every august, I'll look and see if the date is listed for this year real quick. Ok cool Yea I'm more than happy to give u a demo. After all that's why I built the system is for demoing. Ketch it this year or you will miss the 8-12"s bcs I've already got my eyes set on a much louder rebuild.. Not budget Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Jeff4661 Posted March 13, 2015 Author Report Posted March 13, 2015 Update: I bought a new radio for the yukong today.. I've been looking at it for awhile and really thinking it over as if its worth it or not finnaly today I drooped the hammer on a Alpine CDE-Hd149bt It was an easy swap from my CDE-147bt same plug and everything so rather than unsoldering my current wireing harness for the new one. I just plugged in the new deck.. I've used it for about 5 minutes bcs I installed it at work.. And I must say the sound quality improved a lot. Now the box is currently out of the yukong being finished and painted.. Should be back in tommarow with both 1700.1s Running.. Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
dragginmaster Posted March 13, 2015 Report Posted March 13, 2015 Nice deck been following this build great work. Looking forward to seeing you at slamology
goodvibez Posted March 13, 2015 Report Posted March 13, 2015 Nice work man! Looking great! Fyi theres a easier way of doing the door pods, you can just mold/attach the speaker ring strait to the factory metal grill, the metal tabs that hold it to the door(as long as they havent been bent 100x) will hold it in there just fine along with the added thickness of the fiberglass. It also keeps the factory shape look. Either way they will work just fine, that style door seems like it was ment to be like that haha! Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are! I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating! My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19
diegoclass2010 Posted March 13, 2015 Report Posted March 13, 2015 Tuned it! Love this build good job!
Jeff4661 Posted March 13, 2015 Author Report Posted March 13, 2015 Nice work man! Looking great! Fyi theres a easier way of doing the door pods, you can just mold/attach the speaker ring strait to the factory metal grill, the metal tabs that hold it to the door(as long as they havent been bent 100x) will hold it in there just fine along with the added thickness of the fiberglass. It also keeps the factory shape look. Either way they will work just fine, that style door seems like it was ment to be like that haha! Thanks And yea I've seen a few people do door pods on the grills.. And I won't deny that I seriously thought about it before I decided to fiberglass my own. But in the end I figured wanted to try something new.. Hence the pods Nothings perfect in them but I've learned a lot so when I rebuild next year I will make things nicer Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Jeff4661 Posted March 13, 2015 Author Report Posted March 13, 2015 Nice deck been following this build great work. Looking forward to seeing you at slamology Thanks man And I'll be there demoing I certainly won't be the loudest but my 8-12"s are fairly impressive for what they are Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Jeff4661 Posted March 13, 2015 Author Report Posted March 13, 2015 Tuned it! Love this build good job! Thank you sir much more goodies to come Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.