Jump to content

Dog problems / where are my vets


Recommended Posts

Posted

Good morning yall ..

So for the past week , my dog has been having these weird ass symptoms. A little background is at the age of around say 4-6, her back leg started to get weak and she couldn't play a lot or really at all. When I say play, I mean active play like those at dog parks. She's 12 in march

Anyways, last 3 years we've been walking her everyday. Maybe 4-5 years. The last week to 10 days , she's been having periods where she can't move.. Barely even move her head to get a dog treat. Doesn't budge when it's time for her walk and her walk is her favorite thing of the day. The periods could be 1-5 hours without moving, 1-2 hours perfectly fine, 1-5 hours without moving, etc. we have to carry her to her bed if she isn't in it and she can't move.

We suspect it's arthritis Due to her leg injury when she was younger , but it's been only happening as of recently. Also, during these periods where she can't move, her leg / whole body shakes like she's cold. She shivers. When she's perfectly fine, she doesn't shiver or shake.

We are gonna set up a vet appointment soon, but does anyone know of this?

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Posted

From everything you listed it sounds like arthritis. Could have arthritis through the entire body at that age.

What kind of dog? Have you googled to see if the breed is prone to these issues?

I know my dog had arthritis that went into her hips and made it extremely painful for her to walk. I had to carry her up and down stairs for about a year before she passed

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Posted

Yeah Thats what we are suspecting. Did you take yours to the vet ? I heard they can maybe get some sort of "dog" aspirin where it eases the paim but idk. Did your dogs arthritis stick around 24/7 or did s/he have periods too where s/he seemed normal

Thanks for the reply

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Posted

Why are you waiting to "make a vet appointment soon?" There's obviously a problem, and I think its pretty selfish that you aren't addressing it. I love my dog more than most my family, and would take him in the first sign of "not being able to move and shivering."

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

Tale the dog to the vet, if it was my dog I wouldn't be asking on the Internet because I'd already be sitting in the vet.

That being said I had a dog with arthritis and my vet told us to give her baby aspirin

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

I wouldn't do anything before taking the dog to the vet though because if it has bleeding or anything aspirin is going to be bad.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

We made the appointment for tomorrow but we didn't make it for a few reasons. 1) they are going to either suggest surgery because of her Past leg injury and we feel she can't go through it. And 2) im the son of the family, I don't have control to do all the signing of papers from the vet. My folks gotta do it. But I feel u on that. A dog is just as valuable if not more than a regular human. Agreed.

She did do good today as she has been walking all day. I suspect it's the cold that makes her joints stiffen and shake creating the pain. We massage it and then she's back to normal. Her leg seems to be the main part hurting. She's doing good tho right now.

Wtf are the other options to take besides surgery / walking aid. Is there something in between? I know I can look it up , jus goin off personal experience. Well.. Off to google and let yall know how it goes in the morning.

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Posted

If shes 12, there's little you can do for what sounds like arthritis. Only the vet can provide those options though. On that topic though, never heard of surgery for arthritis. I know there are medications for humans with arthritis, but not sure for dogs.

The age is a concern for me. My family had a black Lab named Chance when I was growing up. He lived to be 14, but his last couple years were a struggle with arthritis and cancer. Every morning, my Mom would take him out, then one day he wouldn't get off his bed, he just looked at her like "I think its time, I've had enough." He was put down that same afternoon. My point is, be sure the dog isn't suffering any pain.

Sorry if I came off like a dick, but I cannot stand dog abuse/neglect. (Not saying you are do either, just get the dog checked)

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4797 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...