Sundown Audio

to strap or not

808faka

for someone who runs a 18v system you figured they would know something this simple

so are you gonna answer? or just act like a shithead? its my first 16volt system. i just asked you legit questions, hoping you would reply with legit answers that would help me further understand my system. is that too much to ask?

Is it too much to ask that you use the search button?

i did genius and nothing came up. i tried putting in NS1, sundown NS1, strapping NS1, no results for any of them.

i doubt you get 0.1 v drop but even if its true you will double the amperage draw by getting the second amp. wiring them strapped at 1 ohm or .5 each will further the amperage draw.. i wouldnt do it.. you also have to remember that those 2 alts that are rated 350a actually put out less amperage the higher you set the voltage so you're really not getting 350a from each alt at 18 volts

at this point youre only hurting your equipment and soon it will hurt your pocket.. get an extra alt and 6 more batteries, maybe then you can wire both at .5 ohms but i dont recommend it

well 0.1 to 0.3 is the most iv'e seen it drop seriously. also could you explain to me why the alts put out less amperage the higher you set voltage? never heard of that. also why would you say i'm hurting my equipment when those mechman units are fully adjustable and my amps are also 18 volt stable.

youre hurting your equipment by running them at a impedance that is not recommended by the manufacturer

i will post a video explaining the amperage vs voltage as soon as i find it

thanks id like to see that video. but i have them wired at 1 ohm right now so how is that not recommended by sundown? i swear it says its one ohm stable. if i was to add the second one then yes i could see it going against whats recommended, but people seem to run these all the time at half ohm.

you have it at 1 ohm now but when you add the second one both will be at .5 ohms regardless if you strap them or not

really just wanted to know if one or the other is better. strapping or wiring each amp to each sub. thats all.

there is no better. its just for the ease of wiring. both ways will work the same.. if you dont have the proper tools to gain match and set crossover points then strapping would be the easier thing to do

really just wanted to know if one or the other is better. strapping or wiring each amp to each sub. thats all.

there is no better. its just for the ease of wiring. both ways will work the same.. if you dont have the proper tools to gain match and set crossover points then strapping would be the easier thing to do

thank you, still would like to see that video if you could find it.

he could run it strapped at 4 ohms or each one at 2 ohms

but why bother ... LOL

2 12" Jeff Vue Customs
1 set MB Quart FSB 216 in doors
1 American Bass 100.1 on sub
1 Hertz EP2 on doors
JVC deck IPOD control
Stock 105 amp alt
DD-1
big 3
new build in Chevy caviler http://www.stevemead...chevy-cavalier/

last set up in the ZX2 http://www.stevemead...-current-build/

old build log http://www.stevemead...-1998-ford-zx2/

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, debt is the money of slaves. Just my .02c

that shop needs keep those doors open so they have to charge for it

if people think 10k is a lot then they should get into other hobbies.. like masturbating, cause any hobby cost money to maintain

Lol no, I'm smarter than that bro haha. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..............go fuck yourself lol

Archived