Sonic Electronix

Hi I am noob! Noob meet pros, Hi pros

So im about to get that tax back and have set a budget build. Vehicle is 2000 Accord SE 2.4l, budget is 1,500 bucks. I'd basically would like to know what to expect out of items being purchased and would like to know what to expect as far as output. Just rough idea, not needing pin point accuracy. These are the items im purchasing price and all. Brz2100.1d 219.99, 4 SD E10v2s about $440.00, khc2000 $209.99, 30-35ft of 0 ga welding cable $88.00, terminal accessories $90.00, powermax 200amp HO alt $180.00, and a built spec ported enclosure from high output enclosures of nashville for $250.00. 20ft sky high 8 ga speaker cable $30-40 bucks. My questions are, 1. Will the electrical be enough to feel worry free of constant maintenance ( big 3 done with 0 ga ofc, stock interstate battery up front) 2. Would all these items be worth the cost 3. If this was your 1,500 budget what would you guys do different. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

1. I wouldn't run that alt, buy a good one.

other than that your electrical should be fine.

2. We can't decide what's worth it to you.

3. Everybody would do something different with any budget, people have different taste.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Been lookin at mechman and dc alternators but them guys are expensive. 2. Worth it to me means would there be any other brand more efficient to what I'm trying to do, want to run 2000 clean rms ( using hifonics amp, rhetorical i know ) but I've heard good things about them on proper electrical. I'm personally looking for highest output for the dollar. Power may be dirty but is what I can afford.

So if I went with either or alternator would it really make that much of a difference compared to the powermax alternator even though the current draw isn't too high being 200amp. I've ran the 2k on stock alt no prob for a year so something a lil better is better then nothing. And if the answer is yes get good alternator dc or mechman

If you are going to go cheap on something, don't make it something that leaves you stranded when it fails. You an drive home with all of your audio shit blown. You can pull over and wait when a cheap ass alt fails.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

If I was you, I'd buy one thing at a time when you can afford to.

Starting with the alternator. Mechman, DC, Singer, etc. There's no way to get a proper quality alternator cheap, that's why you don't see everyone doing it.

I mean, I'd love to not have to spend 500 bucks on an alternator for my truck and get the same performance... Just not gonna happen though.

I find if I do that, I think less about how much I'm spending in the long run.

Been lookin at mechman and dc alternators but them guys are expensive. 2. Worth it to me means would there be any other brand more efficient to what I'm trying to do, want to run 2000 clean rms ( using hifonics amp, rhetorical i know ) but I've heard good things about them on proper electrical. I'm personally looking for highest output for the dollar. Power may be dirty but is what I can afford.

You contradict yourself. One thing I have learned is tat cheap gear is more expensive in the long run because you either keep buying stuff that goes out because of it, or you end up buying good gear in the long run anyways. Better off just buying the good stuff to begin with and be done except for when you want to get louder.

Archived