Sonic Electronix

Hi I am noob! Noob meet pros, Hi pros

im with broke audio...hit up Mike at Singer...Im sure he can accommodate something for you...best customer service of all the brands here you suggested. get the biggest alt. you can

afford (save up, its worth it) that way if/when you decide to upgrade...you wont find yourself buying another alt...or running two. just a thought.

I'm going to do what I guess you guys call nuthugging and will run with the dc alt, dont plan on going over 3.5k in this vehicle. This is a daily driver and i only bang at work, on commutes home, and when im out fishing. I'm not going to be full tilt all day everyday. You know pull up to the guy at the light who believes he is loud. And shut em down!!!

Now if I can get a singer alt for the low. With same quality that dc, and mechmans provide for a better price im definitely all ears, kinda jumped the gun when I was all like, yea dude totally nuthugging a brand i never owned whooo!!

soooooo

i pay INTO the tax shit...

and i have to see someone buy that.....

awesome.... Give my money to a fat fuck, with no job, a dude with 11 kids and no job.. and someone taking his return that i put into, buying a cheap pile of shit.....

i love lamp.

I've got no idea as to wtf you are trying to say?

Neither does he half the time, but he's a great dude and know's his power shit. He and Mike (Singer) are always talking.

First thing you should do, is make sure what your budget is. The most important thing you're going to want to do is upgrade that alt, and the battery. You don't need 100 batteries in back like alot of folks runing much more than 2-4k. But you need to have good power for whatever it is you're running. If I were you, I would spend the money on a good alt and a good battery and doing a big 3 or 4 up front with good cable. You don't have to go OFC Cable this early in the game just make sure it's big enough to meet your needs. I think 1/0 CCA back should be fine. I would ditch the welding cable and hit SkyHigh up for an amp kit.

Singer knows his stuff, and he's got great pricing and outstanding customer service.

After that, I would agree that 2 12's would be better for you than 4 10's. Or start with 2 10's and add another pair in the future if you want. You could save yourself some serious money by building your own enclsoure which would leave you more budget for the important things like an alt or battery.

You also don't have to do everything at once. Maybe do the power and the sub stage and save up for the mids and highs and amp for those.

Do you have a head unit, or do you need to budget for that too?

That's my basic input.

Never set a budget as you'll blow past that in nothing flat.

First things to do is to start with a H/U and work your way back to the subs.

Find everything you like first and see what it is going to cost before you ever spend a cent, cause 99 times out of 100 your past your budget by a lot.

Planning is key to everything, a road map to your destination so to speak.

All to often people have the starry eyed glint in their eyes of being an audio god until they find out the true cost of everything they are going to need.

Keep it simple and basic to start with so you can build a better foundation as you gain experience and knowledge to build a truly epic build one day.

Start with a nice H/U, a nice 4ch amp, some nice comps, decent sub amp and sub and allowing some money for some deadener, wire and other accessories.

The hardest and costliest part to starting is the foundation to build a system on, once you have the electrical and deadening out of the way the rest is pretty straight forward and easy.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

soooooo

i pay INTO the tax shit...

and i have to see someone buy that.....

awesome.... Give my money to a fat fuck, with no job, a dude with 11 kids and no job.. and someone taking his return that i put into, buying a cheap pile of shit.....

i love lamp.

I've got no idea as to wtf you are trying to say?

Neither does he half the time, but he's a great dude and know's his power shit. He and Mike (Singer) are always talking.

First thing you should do, is make sure what your budget is. The most important thing you're going to want to do is upgrade that alt, and the battery. You don't need 100 batteries in back like alot of folks runing much more than 2-4k. But you need to have good power for whatever it is you're running. If I were you, I would spend the money on a good alt and a good battery and doing a big 3 or 4 up front with good cable. You don't have to go OFC Cable this early in the game just make sure it's big enough to meet your needs. I think 1/0 CCA back should be fine. I would ditch the welding cable and hit SkyHigh up for an amp kit.

Singer knows his stuff, and he's got great pricing and outstanding customer service.

After that, I would agree that 2 12's would be better for you than 4 10's. Or start with 2 10's and add another pair in the future if you want. You could save yourself some serious money by building your own enclsoure which would leave you more budget for the important things like an alt or battery.

You also don't have to do everything at once. Maybe do the power and the sub stage and save up for the mids and highs and amp for those.

Do you have a head unit, or do you need to budget for that too?

That's my basic input.

Yes its a basic head unit, alpine cde102. My max budget is about 1,800 bucks. I have full runs of 0 ga cca from soundquest, about 20+ft or so from original setup. The big 3 I've stated that I've done like 3 times is done with the soundquest cca. The door speakers, mids, highs and all have been left out due to the fact my budget is aimed at the sub stage setup period. When I sell my old equipment I'll have the loot for the mids n highs, speaker/amp. And don't rag on me for doing shit backwards because im sure you guys would've done the mids n highs then lows etc.. First. I'm strictly working on electrical, wire runs, and would like to purchase the subs n amps because so many sales are afloat at this moment and I can save a few Benjamin's. I want to know why 4-10s wouldn't get as loud as 2-12s I would love to see that battle. 100% airspace provided from each enclosure and 4 e10s vs 2 sa 12s on same setup and see what sounds louder inside of my cabin. I've been pretty fixed on 4 e10s for about a year now.

Yes its a basic head unit, alpine cde102. My max budget is about 1,800 bucks. I have full runs of 0 ga cca from soundquest, about 20+ft or so from original setup. The big 3 I've stated that I've done like 3 times is done with the soundquest cca. The door speakers, mids, highs and all have been left out due to the fact my budget is aimed at the sub stage setup period. When I sell my old equipment I'll have the loot for the mids n highs, speaker/amp. And don't rag on me for doing shit backwards because im sure you guys would've done the mids n highs then lows etc.. First. I'm strictly working on electrical, wire runs, and would like to purchase the subs n amps because so many sales are afloat at this moment and I can save a few Benjamin's. I want to know why 4-10s wouldn't get as loud as 2-12s I would love to see that battle. 100% airspace provided from each enclosure and 4 e10s vs 2 sa 12s on same setup and see what sounds louder inside of my cabin. I've been pretty fixed on 4 e10s for about a year now.

Ok well, sorry for not being able to decipher your runnon paragraphs. You said it once in your original post. I must have missed it where you said big 3 was done. But I didn't see anywhere you said it was Soundquest. You got me there. I didn't have my mind reader on so I didn't pick up on that. Again my apologies. Also you said here you had CCA, but in your original post you said "big 3 done with 0 ga ofc, stock interstate battery up front", so which is it? You know what nevermind it doesn't matter.

Noone said anything about doing things backards, so before you start talking shit to people who've been here a lot longer than you, you should know what you're talking about. Some of us actually decide on our front stage long before sub stage. One for sound quality, and two because sometimes it's cheaper and easier to piece together than a sub stage. But believe what you want.

I'm wondering, Sorry I have to keep reading and re reading your paragraph because it's so hard to look at, if you're set on your big 3 and you have cable ran already from your old set up - "I have full runs of 0 ga cca from soundquest, about 20+ft or so from original setup. The big 3 I've stated that I've done like 3 times is done with the soundquest cca" - but you're "strictly working on electrical, wire runs.................." You keep contradicting yourself. I think maybe you need to be clearer about what you want.

It's not a matter of whether 4 10's would get as loud as 2 12's, there are too many factors involved in that. Doesn't have to do with a battle. Again, you asked for suggetstions on stuff, and you gave a budget. So we were trying to help you based on your budget and your question. 4 e10's would probably be equal to 2 SA 12's, but again, too many variables, like the 12's can take more power than the 10's, and of course there's a ton of enclosure variables, wiring variables, and a bunch of different things. But I thought you weren't worried about all that. You only bump at work, when you're fishing, and on the commute to and from. So again, we were trying to help you because since you have a budget, you'd save more money on buying two of the 12's over 4 10's. OR, you could put that money into better 12's and get better output.

Fact of the matter is this, you have a budget of what some people spend on their subs alone. We've given suggestions, you don't like them. Fine, go do what you want to do anyway. You want 4 10's go put in 4 10's. You want an alt, go buy your powermaster alt and enjoy fixing that every month.

Coming from a family man himslef, if you're that broke, and you're that big of a family man, the best advise I could give you is take that tax money, and put it in savings and take your kids to disneyland, or fishing, or on a vacation that you never get. Don't spend it on this. We all want to have the best, but when we can't even afford to get the best fo the worst, then we need to re address our priorities. But to each his own, you're going to do what you already planned to do anyway, so go do it, enjoy it, and post pics so we can see how it turns out.

I'm going to do what I guess you guys call nuthugging and will run with the dc alt, dont plan on going over 3.5k in this vehicle. This is a daily driver and i only bang at work, on commutes home, and when im out fishing. I'm not going to be full tilt all day everyday. You know pull up to the guy at the light who believes he is loud. And shut em down!!!

Case and point. You're going to spend more money on that DC alt than you would with a singer alt. And with 2500 watts, you're not shutting anyone down at a light. Just sayin.

Enjoy! And good luck!!

2 1400.1 at 1ohm each. so 3600w before rise. i don't drop below 14v while driving.

stinger sp1800 up front

kinetic sp2000 rear

Stay in the 13s while parked for the first 20mins or so. but i only demo like that at local shows.

ask hunter he's seen my system in action.

hell my rear battery doesn't drop below 13.7

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

1400 + 1400 = 3600?

Here I was thinking it equals 2800 and you won't see that either.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Dude you on your period with that attitude scooter I said that shit about the dc alt because I felt comfortable with purchasing it. OMG let me be that guy that buys every fucking thing everybody has, btw I did inquire an alternator from mike @ singer fucker, why are you acting like a duplicitous twat either help or not i dont give a fuck, everybody took shit one way to the other get off your almighty horse im tryna fall in love with the culture, but people like you make it seem like you got to be ballin and own top notch shit. Whatever bro, you act like i pissed on everybodys opinion. I clearly said im open ears on singer alts. And fuck right ima go with 4-10s that I'm not gonna change because you haven't given me substantial proof that 2 quality 12s is better then 4 entry 10s, other then the fact you claim all my shit is gonna crap on me instantaneously. On everything i listed im sure the 2 setups would be pretty close in output. This went from budget build to a pissing contest bro. Glad you take pleasure in persuading people to hate car audio forums. As for everybody else thanks for the alternator input. God I hate fuck faces like you scooter, who like to act all condescending cuz you fucking know it all bro. Oh and I meant that my big 3 runs are gonna be ofc, but the current runs are cca. Go ahead and point out every damn mistake a noob makes. Nice way of showing leadership in forums. And you take the context of text different i aint get pissy when I said any of that but clearly you can't pick up emotions thru text. It's like your homie saying fuck you buddy over the phone and he really meant like fuck you buddy ( in a joyous laughing tone ). So you want me to follow everything you say or else you get pissy in the thread and shit on my thoughts. Nice bro your a fucking role model homie.

1400 + 1400 = 3600?

Here I was thinking it equals 2800 and you won't see that either.

amp clamped is 1807 certified...but you just want to be you.... I'm done.

OP wish you the best ; )

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

So Volt amps not watts?

Gotcha.

Maybe you Mean on the amp dyno?

Either way you're not getting that in your car.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived