Oren Aman Posted February 2, 2015 Report Posted February 2, 2015 Hello im trying to choose 2 good subs, i really want two 15s. The subs i have looked at are the nvx vcw 15 4 ohms, the sounqubed hds315 and the sq hdc 15. My budget is around 800 dollars, I already have an extra battery as well a box for the 15s. I am also wondering what amp i should get, im trying to run as much rms as i can so i think the belva bb5000d would do fine but i'm not sure, it says it is 3000 watts at 1ohms but not cea compliant. Any help would be appreciated and open to all suggestions, I am a noob to this forum and just joined thanks!
Triticum Agricolam Posted February 2, 2015 Report Posted February 2, 2015 What are the specs on the box you have? That may limit what 15"s would be appropriate. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Oren Aman Posted February 2, 2015 Author Report Posted February 2, 2015 What are the specs on the box you have? That may limit what 15"s would be appropriate. The box i currently have is http://www.amazon.com/Atrend-15-Inch-Enclosure-Divided-Chambers/dp/B0013MV7FQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422896720&sr=8-1&keywords=box+for+2+15s&pebp=1422896740562&peasin=B0013MV7FQ. I know the box is not much but it can be used till i get a box made or someone to make one for me, i want it to be tuned 30-35hz. Honestly right now i am more interested in getting the subs and amp first, which of course i know the box is the most important factor in the sound. Do you have any suggestions for 2 good 15s and a amp for a budget of 800 dollars. Btw as soon as i get the subs and amp i am going straight to this guy i know who makes boxes or do you recommend making it my self i really want a tline box i heard they get loud as crap.
hoit Posted February 2, 2015 Report Posted February 2, 2015 Welcome to the forum! If you're not a seasoned box builder, I don't recommend a transmission line enclosure...what vehicle is this going in? is this for music? what are your music preferences? how does your electrical look? there are lots of good reputable brands of equipment out there. I have my preference...but I don't quite think it will make it in to your budget... 2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan 2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm 2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank Singer 220 amp alt
BigManAC Posted February 2, 2015 Report Posted February 2, 2015 looking at the prefab box its net is 1.9 cuft which is small usually for just a single 15'' sub. Usually the best thing to do is build your own box. Just my .02 2001 Saturn L200-Sony MEX-BT4100PFRONT STAGE:- (4) Crescendo PWX 6- Cadence XA250.2SUB STAGE:-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)-Crescendo BC2kELECTRICAL:- Singer 240A alt - XS Power D3400- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gaugeBuild Log: Click HereScores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw
Triticum Agricolam Posted February 2, 2015 Report Posted February 2, 2015 The box i currently have is http://www.amazon.com/Atrend-15-Inch-Enclosure-Divided-Chambers/dp/B0013MV7FQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422896720&sr=8-1&keywords=box+for+2+15s&pebp=1422896740562&peasin=B0013MV7FQ. I know the box is not much but it can be used till i get a box made or someone to make one for me, i want it to be tuned 30-35hz. Honestly right now i am more interested in getting the subs and amp first, which of course i know the box is the most important factor in the sound. Do you have any suggestions for 2 good 15s and a amp for a budget of 800 dollars. Btw as soon as i get the subs and amp i am going straight to this guy i know who makes boxes or do you recommend making it my self i really want a tline box i heard they get loud as crap. So the box you have will probably work as a temporary solution but by work I mean it will hold two 15" subs and noise will come out when you put power to it, but that's about it. Its definitely going to be much less than ideal since it's not large enough, doesn't have enough port area, and I assume is tuned too high (most prefabs are). As far as building one yourself vs having someone build one for you. That really depends on how good the person you would have build it is, how much they charge, and how capable you are at building stuff yourself. The design part is easy, there are plenty of folks here who will be happy to help generate a good design. As far as T-lines go, they really aren't any more efficient than a ported box of equivalent size. They are just a different way to accomplish the same thing, sometimes they can work better, sometimes they can't. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Oren Aman Posted February 2, 2015 Author Report Posted February 2, 2015 Welcome to the forum! If you're not a seasoned box builder, I don't recommend a transmission line enclosure...what vehicle is this going in? is this for music? what are your music preferences? how does your electrical look? there are lots of good reputable brands of equipment out there. I have my preference...but I don't quite think it will make it in to your budget... my electrical is good. I drive a 2001 ford f150 I have a battery in under the hood and another battery I can use to add more amp hours. This is for daily use and I plan on in the future maybe doing some competitons. I really want to get alot of dbs if you know what I mean. What is the setup you are talking about I might be able to do over 1000. BTW I my alternator is putting out just fine as well went to advance autos and my battery and alternator are normal.
Oren Aman Posted February 2, 2015 Author Report Posted February 2, 2015 http://www.amazon.com/Atrend-15-Inch-Enclosure-Divided-Chambers/dp/B0013MV7FQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422896720&sr=8-1&keywords=box+for+2+15s&pebp=1422896740562&peasin=B0013MV7FQ[/url]. I know the box is not much but it can be used till i get a box made or someone to make one for me, i want it to be tuned 30-35hz. Honestly right now i am more interested in getting the subs and amp first, which of course i know the box is the most important factor in the sound. Do you have any suggestions for 2 good 15s and a amp for a budget of 800 dollars. Btw as soon as i get the subs and amp i am going straight to this guy i know who makes boxes or do you recommend making it my self i really want a tline box i heard they get loud as crap. So the box you have will probably work as a temporary solution but by work I mean it will hold two 15" subs and noise will come out when you put power to it, but that's about it. Its definitely going to be much less than ideal since it's not large enough, doesn't have enough port area, and I assume is tuned too high (most prefabs are). As far as building one yourself vs having someone build one for you. That really depends on how good the person you would have build it is, how much they charge, and how capable you are at building stuff yourself. The design part is easy, there are plenty of folks here who will be happy to help generate a good design. As far as T-lines go, they really aren't any more efficient than a ported box of equivalent size. They are just a different way to accomplish the same thing, sometimes they can work better, sometimes they can't. Thanks for you input your right that box is not going to give me what I want lol my dad knows alot about building as he built houses for 40 years can do carpentry work also he could definitely make the Box for me I just need the dimensions and stuff.
hoit Posted February 2, 2015 Report Posted February 2, 2015 im a sundown guy....at least I have been lately...shop around for a couple of sa15s on a SCV2000d...that would get it done! but might be stretching your budget too far. 2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan 2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm 2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank Singer 220 amp alt
Oren Aman Posted February 3, 2015 Author Report Posted February 3, 2015 im a sundown guy....at least I have been lately...shop around for a couple of sa15s on a SCV2000d...that would get it done! but might be stretching your budget too far. thanks man Yeah I really like those sa 15s that amp Is really expensive to be 2000 Watts what makes it different then say the hifonics brutus or there is the soundqubed 2200 Watt amp for around 400?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.