not sure of my problem...

okay so im not sure if this is the right section but I couldn't really find a god section to put this in.. that being said, long story short my car droke down and I began tearing the system out. had no where to put it so I set it up in my room. i have the head unit and amp powered by the battery and a charger keeping the battery charged. anyways, it works, plays, subs hit, speakers are producing sound. my problem is when i turn the volume up my subs distort right when they begin to really thump. in the car i could push them hard and theyd begin to distort at volumes of 42ish now when i hit about 20-22 they distort bad, like cut out hard, ive never seen them distort like this, what could it be?

did you change the way the subs are attached to the amp?

Put a small 12v light on the battery if you dont have a voltage tester or your charger doesnt show voltage, if the light dims as you play you are getting voltage drop.

I would also bet the charger is introducing a bad sine wave to the amplifier and may be causing a lot of the distortion. You might be able to put a cap on it and filter that out..

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived