Second Skin Audio

Quality subwoofers, whats right for me?

Csprak1990

well I have a soundqubed 15 hds 300 and I love it.

never tried the sa series but always hear positive things, and the dc's I have never heard. But again positive things about dc audio gear.

One thing though is the dc's and sa's may work in a small space than the hds 12's. I could be wrong though

sig_zps1a8d8f11.jpg

never tried the sa series but always hear positive things, and the dc's I have never heard. But again positive things about dc audio gear.

One thing though is the dc's and sa's may work in a small space than the hds 12's. I could be wrong though

They're both gonna have 100% air space 100% port area

They're both gonna have 100% air space 100% port area

what does that /\ even mean?

I dont even know but thats what the guy at high output enclosures keep saying lol. Im guessing exactly what it means. However much airspace is needed they're going to get it, however big the port needs to be, it will be lol. That guys said something about the sundowns can use less space. So I'm saying they will have more then enough space to produce lowest notes possible.

I was saying the sundowns may require a smaller enclosure than the hds 12's or vice versa, I don't know what 100 percent thing means lol. I was saying if space is an issue than the sa's or the dc's may require a smaller enclosure than the sq's. or vice versa.

sig_zps1a8d8f11.jpg

I look for subs based on what I'm doing.

1. Space- How much space I have and what subs will fit in said space (Think stealth install or full blown wall)

2. Power- How much power I have and what subs will handle that power without worry (will i need more amps, batts, or atls)

3. What am I going for- SPL, SQ, or some sort of combo of the two

4. Cost- Do i think X brand is worth more than Y or Z brand (read reviews, warranty, and customer service)

5. Wiring options- Can I get the ohm load I am after from said subs (D2, D4 etc)

Then I pick the sub that is the best fit.

No one can tell you which sub is perfect for you. This hobby is all about what you like and how it sounds to you. You will more than likely change your system several times if you stay in the hobby.

Just my .02 on what I look for hope it helps you in some fashion.

Under Construction

I look for subs based on what I'm doing.

1. Space- How much space I have and what subs will fit in said space (Think stealth install or full blown wall)

2. Power- How much power I have and what subs will handle that power without worry (will i need more amps, batts, or atls)

3. What am I going for- SPL, SQ, or some sort of combo of the two

4. Cost- Do i think X brand is worth more than Y or Z brand (read reviews, warranty, and customer service)

5. Wiring options- Can I get the ohm load I am after from said subs (D2, D4 etc)

Then I pick the sub that is the best fit.

No one can tell you which sub is perfect for you. This hobby is all about what you like and how it sounds to you. You will more than likely change your system several times if you stay in the hobby.

Just my .02 on what I look for hope it helps you in some fashion.

That was exactly what I was looking for great explanation bro!!

I'll let you guys know what I went with latez.

Archived